Friday, April 11, 2008

The rides been a good one

Well I have 85% of my gear bags packed. Need a couple of odds & ends before drop off and I'm good. I don't know if I will post before the race in any detail, perhaps a few anecdotes from the blogger party and a "I'm off!" message and thats it.

Before I begin to tunnel vision into a singular purpose I want to express with the strongest terms possible the energy, excitement, comradeship, filial love and happiness that I get from all of you. Thousands will do an Ironman this year without good training weather, without training partners, without a blog, without family acceptance and they are all stronger men and women than me. It is not a sign of weakness to admit that in this respect of my life, I need fellowship and feel that I get it in multiplicity in this sport.

So thank you for investing in me this last year. The rides been a good one I hope. Now if you'll pardon the absence of thought and introspection for the next few days...I'll see you on the other side. I have an Ironman to finish.

21 comments:

Chris said...

Best of luck Comm! Tear it up!

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

I feel like I've come to know you better these past months and can say, with confidence, that you will do wonderfully out there this weekend. There is something very powerful about peace, and I think you've reached that point. Take advantage of all of your strengths out there and you will succeed.

Lauren said...

Good luck!

Nancy Toby said...

Go Comm go!

It gives even me butterflies to see your countdown timer at 1 day 22 hours!

Have a great day out there and relish every minute!

Cliff said...

Commodore...when i am in church this sun, i will keep you in mind.

Have a good one out there :)

M said...

You do that for us, Comm. It's been a pleasure knowing you these last few months.

See you on the other side.

J-Wim said...

Good Luck and have fun.

Brent Buckner said...

Way to chase the dreams and support the peeps!

The (IRON) Clyde said...

Give 'em hell Comm....good friend of Cheese's, so I thought I'd wish you the best!!!

Flo said...

Comm,

Have a fantastic race. As always, the journeys been fun :)

21stCenturyMom said...

GO COMMORDORE!

You are ready.

You are not sick.

You are trained.

Have fun!

Laurie said...

As always, thank you for sharing your journey with us. I get a lot more out of your reflections than I ever say.

I wish you the best of luck out there on Sunday. I will be sending lots of good thoughts :)

ltcaesar said...

I got into Tempe yesterday... Arizona is beautiful! Coming from PA, it is a world of difference!!

Good luck on Sunday

Lesser is More said...

Best of luck out there. Have a great race!

Di said...

we'll be watching you sunday on the big screen!! Cheering and yelling for you. We're wishing you a glorious finish!!

Bullet said...

I'm jealous! Go get 'em!

kodiacbear said...

Hey Comms, go get 'em. Good Luck my bloggy friend and my thoughts and prayers are with you for a safe race.

The Big Cheese said...

I know a few extra people that will be cheering for you!

Wil said...

YOU are going to so rock that place. Have an awesome time!!

LBTEPA said...

Best wishes for everything you want out of the day, Comm!

Jumper 2.0 said...

Good Luck Comm!