Friday, April 4, 2008

...and exhale

Not just with this race coming up but just my whole life in general has been under some tremendous stress since New Years. Had this been my first IM, I don't think I could have done it. As it is, I cracked a couple of times and my stress envelope is pretty big.

Today seems sort of anti-climatic but about 75% of that non-race stress is gone, as of this very hour. Which is a very very good thing.

Who the hell knows the outcome on race day. I've prayed and trained and worried. Its all over but the physical action now. I know the wind will blow hard on the bee line. I know its counter-intuative to look forward to a marathon just so I can finish a 112 mile bike. But today, right now, I feel some peace.

12 comments:

Wendy said...

Peace is good, Comm's.

Wish I could be there cheering for you next weekend, but maybe Bold will do some cheering for me!

Nytro said...

if you've done the work, the hard part is over.


this coming from a sprint triathlete, but it is what it is....

can't wait to see you next week!!!

21stCenturyMom said...

Any healthy man who can endure riding a training for hours and hours into the middle of the night can finish an Ironman. You are so money.

Keep breathing!
Wish I could be on the course cheering you on!

Jen_runs said...

Nytro is right; you've done all the hard work. I'm glad the stres is over so you can relax, rest, recover & get ready for it!

AzTriClub said...

Your worries are full of crap. I know first hand that you have been through a lot this year... but I have also seen in training a different Commodore than I have ever seen. You are going to do great and Might Mo and Mistress will be very proud of you... as will I.

Signed...
The Great Chile D. Douglas Douglas.

Bolder said...

peace brother.

let your opportunity meet your preparation on race day.

i'm proud of you for just toe-ing the line, and living the life of an uncommon man.

tri-mama said...

The big variable, you are healthy this year. Now, just go take on the day!

Fe-lady said...

You've got some great people coming in to support you..I will be sending good stuff up north all day next weekend for your race. So when you feel that little bit of a tail wind, or that extra turn-over in your legs, you can thank yours truly! Go get em and make it an ADVENTURE!

Trisaratops said...

Sending you some good vibes, Comm! Have a great race--you have earned it!!

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

I think peaceful is the very best way to go into this race - you've set yourself up well. You've done the hard part - relax and work hard!

yeah, i know. total oxymoron. that's me.

stronger said...

You'll have so much support out on the course that we'll block the wind for you this year!

prin said...

(Non-runner dropping by via Megan.)

Good luck to you too. I hope you keep your peace for the race. :)