Thursday, April 3, 2008

Activism?

I came home tired last night to an exaggerated Mighty Mo proclaiming loudly in the kitchen to Mistress and the dog that at school, "Pokie Bugs are dying and we have to build hospitals to save them!" By the obvious look on the dog and the mom, this 5 year old (on April 24th) had been on his soap box for quite some time on the issue. Quite literally since he has a step-up box to reach the counter.

I scooped him up for his shower and he went at it with me, pledging all the money from his piggy bank and all the loose change on the counter tops. He reminded me that, "A Mann protects the weak." (part of his prayers)

From my questions I have found out that Pokie Bugs are:
  • Not class pets
  • They are outside by the fence on the playground
  • They are dying!!!!!!
  • When they die they become bones and skin
  • Mistress and I absolute had to to stop their dying by building Pokie Bug hospitals.
Mistress called me this morning to let me know she has witnessed the graveyard of Pokie Bugs. They are not really bugs, their some kind of weed and as the weather heats up they are releasing their spores, turning brown and dying. The husk and stalk are the skin and bones.

Mistress took the opportunity to tell him that they are not bugs but plants and when they die they are sending seeds to grow somewhere else. This seems to have made him feel better now that he can use his money for toys and not hospitals.

No son you don't have to use your money for building hospitals, mommy and daddy are doing that for you already. You just keep that imagination going and keep your nose to the bugs.


8 comments:

Tri-Angle said...

Classic
Our issue is worms, we have hundreds of worms in our front yard. They end up in a bucket, or better yet mysteriously in the bedroom......" but Daddy, we didn't want them to die....." "ok guys, then let;s put'em back in the dirt where they help mommy's flower's grow...that usually works.
I love kids.

Wendy said...

That's adorable! (Happy Belated, Mo!)

stronger said...

So cute! Can't wait to meet the little Mann.

The Big Cheese said...

I have to meet Mo next week.

ShirleyPerly said...

When I was growing up, my parents were always spraying/dispensing various bug killer products in and around our house. I can't imagine what they would have said had I told them I wanted to open a bug hospital!

Taconite Boy said...

the simplicity of a child is truly a Gift

Di said...

what an incredible treasure.

Iron Krista, "The Dog Mom" said...

That is one of the sweetest things ever!

You are a lucky man!