Monday, April 28, 2008

Lazy Bones

When the liver results came back worse last week, I realized that this will be a long term process to resolve. In order for me to have the fastest recovery possible I have to let my body do its thing and its going to take time. Yet I have to continue to explain why I can't be the physical person people expect me to be. I don't have a cast, I don't have bandages, I don't even have a cut. Its my insides that are all screwed up.

That being said, I had a completely lazy weekend. Is this how the Common Man lives? Kids birthday party, the home depot, little yard work, hit the mega grocery store, the video store, book store, got the car washed, sat in the jacuzzi at least twice each day. Watched superhero movies with Mighty Mo.

I have another blood test tomorrow and hope things come out better. I'd really like to go to Mexico this weekend with the ability to at least have a couple of cocktails. Even though I am not racing at Rocky Point, the whole family is going for a bit of a getaway surrounded by good friends.

I put Mistress through a lot of camping the first several years of our marriage; now staying in a 6,000 square foot penthouse at a Mexican resort overlooking the ocean is about as close to camping as she will get. Vegas being a close second, (better room service).


10 comments:

Bolder said...

enjoy Rocky Point!

you can still eat seafood -- can't you???

Nytro said...

yes... take the seafood. pass on the booze until your liver can handle it.

in fact... make ME your liver! I'll take care of the booze for you! benny and i are willing to take that hit for your liver!!!

get well, bro!

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

oh, I know. it's hard from go to Iron training to la-z-boy couch surfing, but it's a good idea.

You'll be able to come back better if you can get a grip and get better. The races will still be there. We'll all be here.

Jana said...

Thanks for the fun party! Happy day Might Mo! Tyson had a great time! Take care of yourself in Mexico... kind-a wish we were headed that direction instead!!!

Wendy said...

Rest is key!!

And have a very fine time in Mexico!

tri-mama said...

Have a great trip! and take it easy

ShirleyPerly said...

Hope the liver test results come back better this time but either way, enjoy your vacation. You all have been through a lot this year and deserve a nice break!

momo said...

krista and shane are going down, i thinkt they're running the 10k this weekend. you all should get together!

don't drink with them though. :-) they like tequila.

and, comm, lazy is good now and then.

Duane said...

Test and have a great time with the family!

kodiacbear said...

"Kids birthday party, the home depot, little yard work, hit the mega grocery store, the video store, book store, got the car washed, sat in the jacuzzi at least twice each day. Watched superhero movies with Mighty Mo"---

these are the days...