Monday, April 7, 2008

The Weird Week

The week immediately before IM is always a weird one. Taper doesn't just mess with me but with Mistress. No more 6 hour rides, no more 3 hour runs. This means more time at home and THAT means learning to live in the home that Mistress makes. She actually likes that I am gone long enough to let her get stuff done and to blow out my hyperactivity.

Sunday morning I was home at 8:37am. Pretty rare. My 90 minute ride was scheduled for 10am. I looked at my watch and said, "If I have a perfect race, I'll be coming out of the water right now." Mistress responded, "It doesn't take any more time to have a great race than a good race. So have a great race."

Ah, crap. I can't handle that kind of mind blower right now.

On the flip side its much different mentally for me than it was a few year ago when I almost drown in Canyon Lake. Its a good way for me to self check against where I was. One year later I swam a hard Ironman Florida course with 4' high swells in 1:54, then a 1:44 at Arizona with a viral infection in my lungs. To even consider a IM swim in the 90's blows my mind.

Here is praying for a great race.

1 comment:

ShirleyPerly said...

Hope you have a great race too. Sounds like you've got the logistics all figured out. You're locked and loaded!