Thursday, February 28, 2008

Are we there yet?

So many levels to that question this Friday. Top Three?

1. Is this surgery going to work for Mo?
2. Will I go crazy during the 30+ hour 190 mile Ragnar Relay with five others in a Suburban?
3. How will the EvoTri vote end?

The doctors convinced each other and then Mistress that this surgery is going to be a good thing for Mo. He is having his tonsils and adenoids removed and scraping and restructuring his sinuses. Its a long painful procedure that will have him recovering for over a week. The debate was how individually the procedures are 'routine' but when done all at once and considering he has zero immune system without drugs it is considered experimental. This does nothing for his more dangerous colitis issue.

Ragnar will be a long day for me. I don't sleep well when traveling. I haven't met three of the six in my vehicle before. Its one thing to have a kick ass 7 mile run workout but when you repeat it every 6 hours and then just sit in a car seat for the time in between and not getting normal food, who knows what will happen. I do look forward to this race. It was my idea for us to do it. I think it will be one of those very memorable races of my life. Gee, maybe us bloggers should do one next year. Only need twelve per team and there all over the country.

I have really been stumping for EvoTri votes this week. In some regards I am glad it is a week of voting as it takes time to plan and execute such a campaign. But not knowing what place I'm in or how anyone else is doing, it can make you think to much about it in a unhealthy way. I always tend to look at it as I am in the back of the pack, don't take anything for granted, obstacles will come up, just work as hard as I can to finish strong. Gee, maybe a life lesson there. Believe it or not the part that I dwell on the most right now is that regardless of the outcome I won't be able to do a proper thank you or congratulatory post until the end of the weekend; after the relay, after taking a turn with Mo and after my century ride on Sunday.

No matter how it ends, though I hope and prefer it ends well for me, I am so humbled and appreciative of all the people that took the time to vote for me and send the messages out. I received so many emails from people saying, "Hey Comm's, heres a response from so and so about voting for you."

Have Fun.


9 comments:

J~Mom said...

Have a great weekend Comm!! I hope that Mo's surgery goes well and that your racing is fantastic. Try to relax and enjoy!

Wendy said...

As always, Mo will be in my thoughts.

You have a great time doing the Ragnar Relay!

Nytro said...

we'll be praying for mo... in the way that only a recovering catholic and recovering mormon can. with wine.

we've done our part for you on evotri. even if you don't win, you're still the best teammate in our hearts.

tarheeltri said...

You should find a relay where you don't have to ride in a van. We have one at Black Mountain here in NC that's apart of the Blue Planet Run series. You run a 5-mile loop in the mountains and return to the campground where they have hot food and music and coffee. Super fun and for a great cause!

The Big Cheese said...

Good luck Mo! And good Luck to you Comm, race and EvoTri.
And I might know a plumb young man that would be interested in such a race next year...

The Big Cheese said...

That should read, "plump"...

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

kids are so resilient, they are just amazing. glad he's doing well, and you too. relax. breathe.

Flatman said...

praying for a full recovery, man...

Duane said...

Good luck on both all counts!