Saturday, March 1, 2008

before it's "fake"

well it's 1a.m. The EvoTri website is not updated, so it probably wasn't a landslide for the winner.

As I slump here bleary eyed amidst a 190 mile race trying to find a balance between asleep / awake and comfortable i felt it urgently important to to say something of the kindness of others while the outcome is still unknown.

I'd like to thank the sponsors for allowing this team to exist. I believe EvoTri will be a force of effort amongst a see of pretenders
vying for the eyes of age groupers just terying to bring it all together.

I'd like to that the existing members for the contest that has just concluded. It seemed to go on forever but I appreciate the dillegence put into making it a success. Thousands of people who have never heard of triathlon have now heard EvoTri. Mission accomplished.

I have been truly blessed to witness the sea of support I have recieved from this voting process and need to confess in the strongest langauge possible my utmost appreciation and humility.

I never thought so many years ago that a guy struggling to write a releavant blog about a sport could produce such an outpouring of support. It's become cliche' to say I am humbled by this, specifically by you. You the Common Man or Woman who believed I can be an asset to a group of sponsors.

In a few short hours a winner will be announced. I will admit if I don't make it I will be very dissappointed. But I am the eternal optimist and awinner because of all of you regardless.

2 comments:

stronger said...

I got out of bed early to go check and I have to say, I'm disappointed for you. But, there are two other spots and one of them just HAS to have you name on it. Relax, enjoy the rest of the relay and then sleep! Love you Comms.

Laurie said...

We've rallied around you because you deserve it. You have a heart for triathlon and for those around you. I greatly appreciate you sharing it with us on a regular basis. There are two more slots, one of those will be yours.