Monday, February 11, 2008

Bugged

Our house got the bug late last week. I suppose my stress, training volume and having a boy whose been sick for two straight months will do that to me. I haven't got it as bad as Mistress but it whacked my back out so I spent the last three days, flat on my back or walking around exhausted. It's amazing how much energy it takes to make a one hour trip to the store. Probably the lowest amount of training I have done in months. Which really sucks because it was cloudless and 75 degrees on Saturday and Sunday.

This morning all of us were tired, short on nerves, emotions on our sleeves. Mo and I argued over what shoes to wear and how they feel on his feet. Really important stuff to a 4 year old. In the end I retreated upstairs and they left. I could hear Mo crying in the garage below me. I felt terrible and of course when I finally went back down they had already pulled away.

The one thing we did do over the weekend was see the American Gladiator tryouts. There were thousands of people who showed up. Many from out of state. Mo and I did get a picture with Wolf, I will download that stuff this week. The one thing that came from the experience is that NBC was looking for a thin demographic. By that I mean they want athletic people but not ones that could really beat the gladiators. You will not see a 6'3", 220 pound ex-college football player on the show as a contestant. It doesn't detract from my appreciation of the show.

My goal today is to do something active for myself, maybe stretch or do a circuit of some kind. Plus find a way to mend a fence with Mo. As a father your only as good as last argument, not your last good deed. Come to think of it, its the same with being a husband...I'll take the trash out tonight too.

6 comments:

tarheeltri said...

Don't beat yourself up over the shoes. CB and I argue over whether or not she can wear a dress without tights when it's freezing outside (she doesn't like the way the seam feels on her toes, whether the tights, or socks for that matter, are inside or out.) Actually ran back in her room and slammed the door once... my four-year-old teenager. And that's when we're both healthy!

LBTEPA said...

4yos are INSANE and want us to be too!
Mo has a heart as big as his Dad's and when you see him tonight and say I'm sorry we fought, give me a hug, all will be well. You'll have mended a fence and built a bridge.

Lana said...

If the Mistress was sicker than you, I think you better do the dishes, too.

Hope you all get to feeling better soon! What's up with the entire blogoshpere being sick lately? I think we need warmer weather asap!

Ryan said...

It's funny you said that AG was only picking "small" people for contestants. I watched last night and thought the same thing, I guess NBC doesn't want to "hurt" the talent. I guess I'll just have to wait for the American Gladiator Clydesdale Edition. I hope the bug in your house is not transferred through the web because everyone here is A OK! Hope everyone is better soon.

Iron Girl Nyhus said...

Hope everyone is feeling better soon! That darn bug is everywhere!!! Oh, and little Mo... maybe play a game tonight :)

Laura

Wendy said...

Ideally you are all feeling right as rain now!