Thursday, February 7, 2008

American Gladiator Tryouts

Oh good Lord no, I am not trying out as a contestant for next seasons American Gladiator; I can only do like....4 pull ups. My company is one of the national tryout locations this weekend. They are expecting a ton of people to show up so it should be fun to watch. Mo loves watching the show and he always cheers for the red team. Why you ask? I asked him too and as he rolled his eyes he said, "Daadddy,Ironman (the M-dot logo) is red." From the mouths of babes. I want to go because I appreciate the fitness aspects of the show and want to get some ideas for my own benefit plus I went to high school with Titan and while I doubt he would be there it'd be fun to shake his hand again.

With Mighty Mo going into surgery later this month he is going to miss school and be stuck in the house for at least a couple weekends. So Saturday morning instead of me going out for a 80 mile bike, he and I are going to eat 'poncakes' at IHOP and then go watch the tryouts. Then later I will ride the trainer at home while he watches movies or rides his smart cycle.

Depending on how the recovery goes, sometime this month we, will all go to the Renaissances Festival that opens this weekend. For a long time I thought it would be bit dorky to go but honestly we went last year and had a blast. It is literally a 30 acre medieval village with food, and wares and tournaments, animals and all sorts of fun stuff. In fact in the photo above you can see a wooden sword the was bought there last year.

Have Fun

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Pancakes!!! It's a week for it!

Brent Buckner said...

I think your original assessment of a renaissance festival was basically correct, if understated.

Really, it's *OK* to like dorky things and events.
[trying desperately to justify/defend my own tastes]

momo said...

titan. :-) i have to admit, i think he's great. little j's favorite it hellga, isn't that cute??

hugs to mighty mo. he's one incredibly strong kid. i'll be thinking about him and sending him prayers!

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Gladiator tryouts? I've always wondered when and how the contestants are selected. Let us know what happens.

Stay tuned...

Ryan said...

That's funny, I have a 5 y/o daughter and she LOVES American Gladiators, maybe she has seen me in lycra too much. Thou shall make their way to said dorky festival (renaissance talk)because corsets abound.

Cliff said...

Commodore,

I will pray for Mighty Mo for a speedy recovery.

At medieval village, do you speak medievalian? :)

tri-mama said...

sounds like some good weekends planned out- take pics of the tryouts if you can

Taconite Boy said...

I wanna meet wolf !!!!!

My Life and Running said...

So the surgery is definitely a go? Bummer, but in the end, it will be for the best. I just remember being sick all.the.time. before my surgery and then rarely afterwards. Prayers it's the same for your little Mo!

That Smart Cycle thing is the coolest! I want one...

And the Renaissance Festival is good, huh? There's one coming to Yuma too and I mentioned to hubby we should go. He's not on board yet, so please give me some ammo for convincing! ;)