Friday, February 15, 2008

Optimistic

I am trying to be optimistic about things right now. I am on Day 13 of SickGate. I didn't even take off this much time after my last concussion. Ba-dum-bump.

Today it poured at my house but clear as a bell a mile away. It bodes well for my century ride for tomorrow. Yeah, how stupid am I. No workouts in two weeks and I'm just going to jump on my bike for a century. Its either the stupidest thing I have done this week or what I need to get over the hump of this illness.

There are some great Team EvoTri submissions put up at the last minute and I am hopeful and optimistic I will make the top ten chosen to go online for voting on Monday, I think I have a good entry. My submission is linked above and HERE. Check EvoTri on Monday to find out. You can be sure I will post a vote link if I make the first cut.

Spring is right around the corner folks and that might just be the most optimistic time of the year. Trees go to shoot, flowers bloom, love is in the air. The perfume of opportunity hangs in each sniff. We have all had our motivation and health issues in the last few months and I just want to affirm to you and myself that blue sky is right there around the corner. Stand fast and prepare for the opportunity to find those moments for your fitness snack.

4 comments:

21stCenturyMom said...

One word - buttbutter (is that one word?)

Make sure you keep some on the bike and then enjoy the ride!

I did 50 last weekend and I have not been training 1/4 as much as you were before you got sick. You'll be fine!

Bigun said...

please be better all the way before you embark on uber-training! That be my only piece of advise...straight from my messed up heart!

You're a top 10'er dude...don't sweat it.

Spokane Al said...

My wife often mentions that perfume of opportunity that seems to be emanating from my training clothes.

I, on the other hand, tend to regard the odor as that army officer in Apocolypse Now once stated; "it smells like victory!"

Wendy said...

Be careful out there, Comm's!