Sunday, February 24, 2008

So Much to Say...

I have made it to the third and final round of the Team EvoTri voting. I once again want to thank the team mate who is tallying up all the votes, this is surely a tedious process. I want to say to those from round 1 and 2 who did not make it to the next rounds, I respect your tenacity and your story. All of you have been foremost on my mind the last week.

I am hoping mom will crank out another letter for me today, and I will send it out as soon a possible. It took me by surprise the first time.

I am praying that all of you that have helped me get this far know that you so much to me. I couldn't be here without you and with your help will make EvoTri a success so that you have a similar opportunity in the future. When you watch my video you know I am doing this for you.

You also know that I am asking for everything you have given me and more in the next week. Everyday just ask yourself if there is one more person you know who could watch my video or cast a vote for me. Would it be an imposition to copy my mom's letter and leave them at the front desk of your work? If theres someone in your address book that you haven't connected with in years this gives you an opportunity to reconnect in a neutral way. Do you have a tri-team or group send that you haven't tapped yet?

I need all your help. Those that know me know I would rather do it myself than ask others to do my work but I am at your mercy to get the vote out. Thank you so much for all that you have done.

POOLS OPEN.

Today is my first open water swim of the year at Canyon Lake. It will be a cold 50 degree swim along the shore line, wearing skull caps, gloves, full suit, the works. Don't want to get to deep or away from shore in case of cramping or hypothermia. Oh...you can see one of my photos of last years first swim in my EvoTri video in the beginning. Afterwards we will have a little BBQ on the grill at the beach and some drinks. Mostly the grill is to warm ourselves up.

Ragnar Relay

I haven't even really mentioned this yet but next Friday is the MyoMed Ragnar Relay, a 190 mile race with 11 of my closest friends. It will take us about 30 hours to finish the race. More to follow, but it will pretty much take me out of contact with the EvoTri votes all day Friday depending on cell phone connections.

Steel yourselves for the final push of voting.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Good luck, both rallying the votes and relaying on Friday!

Sarah said...

Good luck Comm!

- Sarah

LBTEPA said...

Yay! I'll be rallying the troops again!

Laurie said...

Congrats on making the final round! I will continue to rally the troops :)

Jen_runs said...

Ya know, despite the many votes I've submitted for you, I haven't watched your video. I don't need to. Following your journey over the last year has told me all I need to know about you - I know that you are the perfect candidate for this incredible opportunity. Final round votes have been sent (3) and I've distributed your mum's email to all & sundry.

Good luck - my thoughts will be with you in the coming days.