Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A new day...

Wow. I have to tell you by yesterday afternoon I was seeing stars in my eyes and little black swirly things. I woke up okay, as if my flu was gone from my body but I had a headache that was flooring me. Not the same type of headaches I get from my concussion or from sinus pressure, just a stabbing, throbbing, almost puke at a moments notice pain in my head.

I ended up going to see Jeff, my training partner and chiropractor, and after an hour of acupuncture and therapy I was a completely new man. I am a new man.

All my energy was back and strangely enough any mental misgivings I had about missed training went away too. Now I am staring at 53 days to Ironman and while not at square one, I have a lot of ground to cover in a short amount of time.

Shorter term I have my first triathlon camp of the year on Friday, with 11 kids this time and a few adults too. Mo's surgery is next Friday, the same day I start Ragnar's 190 mile relay next week. I am not sure if I have mentioned that before so I will make sure to post on that soon as a distraction to the EvoTri voting going on.

Please remind one more person today to send an email to vote@evotri.com and put Commodore in the Subject. Today is the last day for Round 1.

Thanks.


7 comments:

Laurie said...

Glad you are feeling better.

J~Mom said...

Do you run the camp? Is it for kids? Sounds neat!

21stCenturyMom said...

I sent a request to about 15 people and I know for sure one of them came through.

Glad you're feeling better.

Rachel said...

IM AZ is going to TOTALLY rock!!!

ShirleyPerly said...

Great that you're feeling better. I wish something quick could be done to make bruised ribs go away (took a bad bike spill last weekend). Anyway, good luck on the vote and in your IM training!!

Kewl Nitrox said...

Have voted. Will pray that Mo's surgery goes betta than well.

TJ said...

53 days and you'll be iron ready.
good luck in the voting.