Monday, April 2, 2007

Taper Time...

Like that really makes a difference in the way I have been training the last two months. I think I have been tapering for Arizona since Florida.

Big John, Glen and I did a loop on the IM course, Glen doing two loops since he is a stud. Then a fast 5k around Tempe Town Lake (TTL). Totally not IM pace when running 9 minute miles but then again it was only three miles. It never ceases to amaze me how my leg turnover is the same whether I run a 9 minute pace or 11 minute pace. Its 81 rpm by the way. It never felt that hot out but all the gauges were showing high 80's.

For the rest of the day I felt like I was radiating heat, like I had been microwaved and no amount of cold water got rid of it. Mistress would feel my skin and it would be cool to touch so I didn't mind it too much, just stayed under a fan. It made falling asleep a difficult task.

Around midnight I was laying on my stomach asleep and woke up to a mouth full of bile which I promptly evacuated over the side of the bed. I got up felt fine, but went into the bathroom to rinse my mouth and had a similar thing happen again. I couldn't explain how or why or the cause. Went back to bed and woke up just fine. Strange. But thats me.

Today...to the pool.

8 comments:

Kona Shelley said...

Hope you feel better..and ummm 12 days..YIKES!!! What is the weather going to be like??

Glen said...

I'm with you on the heat thing, man I must have drank about 4 gallons of liquid after I was done and I was still on fire.

Glen said...

I'm with you on the heat thing, man I must have drank about 4 gallons of liquid after I was done and I was still on fire.

Fe-lady said...

Glad I wasn't sleeping with you last night...:-) Are you sure you weren't a tad but dehydrated?
Glad you feel fine today!
Go get 'em !

Bigun said...

I hate puking - I'll stay sick to my stomach for hrs and hrs to avoid puking - absolutely my least favorite thing in the world to do - I know, big baby Bigun...

White Salamander said...

ahhh, nothing a little bile in throat to let you know you are alive.

Hopefully it is some bizarre temporary thing and it will pass.

Mike said...

Hope that was just a strange isolated incident....here's to a boring *relaxed* taper with no more issues Comm!

Kewl Nitrox said...

Hmmm... that IS a strange thing... Maybe you drank too much in the haste to cool down?

Don't worry about it and ride out the taper!

SHAMELSS plea for help follows:
Hey, while you are trying to occupy your reduced training time in taper, may I trouble you to spend 5 mins on the "17 weeks to O.D. Tri" training plan on my blog? I am pretty desperate for advice, not sure if I am doing things right and would very much appreciate some pointers...