Friday, April 27, 2007

The focus off me

After close to 100 weekends thinking of Ironman training, doing Ironman training or lamenting that I can't do any training at all; this weekend is focused on Mistress and Mo.

Its funny how perceptions change but I really have no desire to wake up Saturday at 0515 to get ready and drive to a group ride with my tri shop starting at 0700. So I will allow Mistress to sleep in and Mo and I will go to the park at the corner while its still cool out. We all have tickets to a Winnie the Pooh show at a 'Broadway' theater later in the day.

Sunday I will swim and run at the lake but its not very complicated and there is no pressure to complete a set distance or perform at a certain level. Thats a nice feeling.

Next weekend Mistress and I and several of our friends are going to Rocky Point Mexico for an International distance triathlon at a resort. We rented the penthouse of the host hotel. We are leaving Mo with my parents for our first real vacation since he was born.

Lets see...all adults...Mexico...Cinco de Mayo...triathlon...I see some fun going on.

11 comments:

Winz Photo said...

Friends dont let Friends Tri Drunk

momo said...

hey, maybe you'll come home with a little brother or sister for mo?? ;-) i know exactly how those vacations away go - that's just how i got frankie!!

have LOTS of fun!!

21stCenturyMom said...

I guess this means we'll need to drink some margaritas at Wildflower in your honor. That's good enough excuse, right?

Have fun!

Nytro said...

JEALOUS!

Nytro said...

JEALOUS!

Bigun said...

Drink an extra few for me, as I'll be obstaining on the 5th - I'm sure Mrs. Bigun will share in the "lets drink for Bigun too" campain...enjoy the VACA!

Di said...

enjoy a few tequilas for me!!

tri-mama said...

Have a great time-I'd say have a tequila for me, but then you might never get off the floor.

Wendy said...

Sounds like a wonderful plan to me!

Fe-lady said...

Hmmm...last time I was at the tri in Rocky Point I got pictures of some local guys dancing on the bar, drinks in hand, smoking cigars...
One owns a local bike store and knows I have the picture....
I get good deals on bikes....
Be good!
HAVE FUN- PENTHOUSE???? Very cool!

Coach Tammy said...

That sounds like the most perfect vacation plan EVER! Have a fabu time.