Saturday, April 14, 2007

Details

Today is bike drop, gear bag checks, last minute details and the last supper with the team.

The sore throat has returned much to my chagrin but my all my kits are loaded with sore throat lozenges that have numbing agents. These should help me out there on the course. I have been staying busy but find that for long periods of time I am on the phone with a blogger, friend, love one and I am too tired to do much of anything except save my energy for the big day. I skipped the dinner and athletes meeting to sleep.

Weather is calling for 18 mph winds from 11a to 5p. Tough but manageable. The forecast is less than 80 degrees. Great news for core temperatures but must remember to keep that sunscreen on.

At Florida for the beach start I thought of all the people close to me IRL and online and as I said their name I drew a cross in the sand. This is a water start and there is no sand so my crosses will be drawn in the grass but hold the same thanks.

Mistress will have my cell phone. Anyone who has my number can reach her at any time for some news.

I don't know what race day will hold for me; a medical DNF, a PR, a finish, I don't know and that is the lure and the magic of iron distance racing. No one is less a triathlete for starting the race and not finishing. Its dreaming the impossible and making it not only probable but actual.

Perhaps I will get off a few words before leaving the house Sunday morning but if not please know that every one of you who leaves comments, those that simply just come by and share a moment in my life, you have done me more help for this day than you will ever know.

18 comments:

Bigun said...

18mph - awesome! Keep your head down, soldier!

If possible, have some fun tomorrow, I'll look foward to your results!

Bigun

Rainbow said...

Hubby and I will be checking up on you over here across the big pond. Though I have not left any messages for awhile, I have been keeping tabs.

Finally you get to race on your home turf! How exciting for you, your family and friends. Best of luck to you. We are rooting for you Comm.

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

Regardless of the outcome, you will learn and grow so very much in tomorrow's race. Enjoy the time, cherish moments, and kick arse! :)

Laurie said...

I will keep you in my thoughts tomorrow and follow you on Ironmanlive.

You have been an inspiration to me many times and tomorrow will be no different. Enjoy yourself out there.

Kona Shelley said...

Ahhhhhh wish I could be there!! You know I'll be watching, hoping and praying that you have the perfect day that you wanted!!!

Ultra Crackhead said...

Whatever you do, HAVE A DAY!

Will be thinking about you.

bunnygirl said...

Good luck to you, and try to keep it fun! I'll have my fingers crossed for the perfect day!

Flo said...

Along with everyone else, I've got my fingers crossed that the day works out great for you, that the sore throat abates at least for tomorrow, and that you rock that course. Remember to have fun, that's what it's really all about.

Nancy Toby said...

“Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid... for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.”

Bolder said...

GO COMM GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LBTEPA said...

will be following on Ironman Live from downunder so go Comms go!

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

GO COMMS!! GO BE AWESOME!

Wendy said...

Proud to know you Comm's. Proud to cheer. You *are* an IronMan. But better still you are a man of character.

Here's hoping tomorrow you feel right as rain!

Fe-lady said...

Wow...will be thinking of you SO MUCH tomorrow! Hope you a smiling out there at least part of the time! Best of luck and I will be checking up on you throughout the day!

Lesser is More said...

Don't forget to have FUN! You'll do great...looking forward to following your adventure tomorrow!

Lisa said...

Have FUN

momo said...

it's on! go get 'em, comm!

Ellie Hamilton said...

*sniff* wiping away tears...