Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Boys of Summer

The day after Ironman Arizona, several of us were sitting outside an Italian joint drinking some beer and waiting for our meals arrive. We were in different states of physical distress and discomfort. Somebody looked up and remarked, "Notice there's no wind today. What a crock."

Since IMAZ, the weather here could not be better. Last night around 6pm I was at a gas shack getting pretzels and a diet coke and as I walked out to my smoking hot Charger, I was struck by just how beautiful the evening was. Some of you will have to wait till mid July for a night like this. And thats too bad.

While in the not too far future the temperatures will go nuclear and afternoons a UV nightmare, there is a window on either side of the desert summer that is down right amazing.

Its another great day to train.

6 comments:

momo said...

it is beautiful! i ran long this morning and as the sun was coming up, i kept thinking how wondeful it felt. i know we're in for a hot one this summer, but right now - its just perfect.

Fumo Santo said...

Why is it that I can only imagine Will Ferrell delivering your line of 'Last night around 6pm I was at a gas shack getting pretzels and a diet coke and as I walked out to my smoking hot Charger...'?

Fe-lady said...

I noticed that too, the Sun. after AZ IM as I was hanging laundry in my back yard...no friggin' wind to speak of. It just isn't fair sometimes, is it?
(I bet next year will be near perfect conditions!)

Spokane Al said...

I had the same thoughts when I saw the weather report for Boston, one week after the marathon. It was beautiful and seemed to be a perfect day for a marathon, albeit one week late.

Bigun said...

I'm beginning to think that great races are the product of the stars aligning, the body's training and mental cycles all peaking at once, all of your family members enjoying perfection in mind, body and spirit at the same time, your day job firing on all cylindars, and - perfect f'n weather.

S. Baboo said...

The weather the day before IMAZ was perfect too. I do love this time of year!