Thursday, April 12, 2007

IMAZ Swag: Scene 2, Act 1

My sinuses are better than in bed but I am hawking a lot and my throat is scratchy. Still think its atmospheric. It didn't affect my swim though which went very well. We were some of the first in the water which is felt very fantastic. Swam about 40 minutes. Worked on sighting landmarks and staying in a straight line.

John, myself

Todd, Mike, John

Met a woman who did Florida with me. I don't know how she knew but she came to me. She confirmed to the guys the 4' foot swells in the ocean and 20 mph winds the first 50 miles of the bike along with the cold temps. Validation!. She is from Chicago and we all noticed she was taking off a short cast boot. On her first day here, she went for a run and felt the bottom of her foot 'crunch'. She went to the ER and they gave her the boot and permission to come back for a cortisone shot for race day if the pain did not subside. She still plans on racing and just proves once again the indomitable spirit of the Ironman triathlete.
Myself, Glen, Jeff, Hardcore Mike

Went to work and back a bit later for registration and just ran into Glen, Hardcore Mike and Jeff aka The Machine. We all moved through reg together which is so much easier the second time and then off to the expo tent for one more look now that everything is up. I only picked up a new IM logo'd shirt.

3 Ironman ditty bags-1 free at reg & 2 asked for. 3 Gatorade bottles from Gatorade
swim-originally took 2 but Mike stole 1, took 2 more. 2 NA Sports license plate
holders free at reg. 1 shirt $64. Ouch.

5 comments:

Bolder said...

it's ALLLLLLLL comin' together!

but, wait movie fans, where's this plot goin'???

i'm thinkin' happy ending.

Greer Wylder said...

c,

good luck, brother. rock that course.

Winz Photo said...

again its all about the schwag. 64 claude for a shirt, yeouch. I want the giant inflateable bottle for my office

The Big Cheese said...

Go Get'em Bro!

Iron Pol said...

Second Ironman in 6 months...

Priceless.