Friday, April 13, 2007

Good to Go

Yesterday was a rough day for me. I never lost hope but I certainly felt like crap. After registration and a bit more of work I went to see my father at the VA. He's recovering from hip replacement surgery. Just walking into the VA immediately snapped me back to my on-going Infantry sub routine that runs in the background of my life.

I walked into a gallery of photos, memento's and medals and observed a veteran in a wheelchair sobbing in front of a purple heart display. It was touching. Of course in all things military, the building is huge and makes no sense and I walked all over asking every 'Ma'am' and 'Sir' how to find his room. I think military hospitals were all designed based on a Rube Goldberg machine.

After bringing the Ole' man his pogie bait, I tried to leave. Again, I was running on my sub-routine and even though I was getting no closer to getting out of the hospital I kept getting closer and closer to the D-Fac (Dining Facility). All Grunts know that when lost head for the food.

I should also say that as the day wore on, my physical well-being was deteriorating. I felt hot, my throat hurt...I went back to my office and just laid down for an hour getting myself ready for a race seminar at 7pm. I ended up cancelling. I went home and straight to bed. I slept ten hours and today I feel much, much better. No sinus problem, no drainage.

Good to go.

13 comments:

Holly said...

Have a great day Commadore!!

Kona Shelley said...

Yay!!!! You are good to go and i'll be watching you my man!! Tear up that course.

Bigun said...

Good to get some rack ASAP after delivering a boodle box! 10 hrs - the life of Riley, you! That's awesome - you are ready! Get a decent night in tonight, since tomorrow night will suck for sleep, and you're gonna fly! Awesome!

Phoenix said...

Rock the IM this weekend Comm! We're all rooting for you!

Bolder said...

GOOD TO GO!

Di said...

You, Myles and TriDummy's friend Jason should hear the cowbells ringing from Florida to AZ for you guys!! I'll be ringing for Bigun and you 3!! Best of everything and Cheers for an amazing race to come!!

White Salamander said...

Go get'em Comm. I'll be rooting for you.

momo said...

woo-hoo!! i'm doing my native american no-wind dance right now for you, too! :-) you will rock!

William Lobdell said...

c,

i left a message in another post (my name somehow as "greer", aka mrs. kahuna): dude, you are going to be a double Ironman. I'm jealous! ROCK IT!

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

GO COMMS!

Clyde S. Dale said...

Go get em Comm!! My prayers are with ya brother!! Not that you need em. But hey, it always helps to have the big guy with ya.

Wendy said...

It was great to hear your voice yesterday. Expect to hear mine tomorrow. I'm planning to yell till I'm hoarse!

Brent Buckner said...

Have a great day - rock the course!