Saturday, January 27, 2007

A ride and hook up

The team had a special guest appearance this weekend for our Ironman Arizona bike course ride, non other than TriathleteB, aka Bridget. Now many of you may not know TriathleteB, but she has been around for a while and has trained with Kahuna and Robo Stu(d) while living in sunny SoCal.

She told me she had been training very hard for Arizona and had not had time to blog much. I understand that!

She brought her training partner and dad along and we followed the first group of The Machine, Andy2, Glen, Robin and John up the course from Tempe Town Lake.

The first loop to the top of the Beeline was its usual windiness and I confess my cardiovascular system was having a hard time with the false flat. After the first 30 miles my HR came down but my quads were fried and the second time going up the hill wiped me out. Coming back into Tempe Town Lake my HR was down again, my speed was up and my RPE felt better but my legs had not much else in them.

After wards Machine, Andy2 and I went to Hooters for lunch.

Later that night, Mistress and I met Machine, his wife Wendy and another friend for dinner and drinks at a great bar in the middle of nowhere and it was packed. Each outdoor table had its own firepit and it was a kid friendly place which allowed you to roast marshmallows. I did not do that. Great place we will definitely return to with Mo.

3 comments:

Andy said...

I need to find a loop like that to ride on. There is one hill on my Sandy Springs loop where I can really destroy my legs if need be, but I have not done that in a while.

Nice that you could hang out/work out with some fellow bloggers. MMMMM Marshmallows.......


Murtha...

Laurie said...

Training too much to blog!? Never ;)

Fe-lady said...

I was wondering where she had been!
Glad to hear she is working hard and "on track"- thanks for the report!