Saturday, January 20, 2007

Blogging While Intoxicated

I had a rough day. Full of promise and expectations all dashed by a aching back. The pain pills taken liberally through the day gave me a false sense of euphoria thinking, "Yeah maybe I will go for a run or hook up the trainer." Tough talk from a little man.

I had all but bailed on my partners birthday dinner this afternoon but two vicodin and an hour to myself while Mistress and Mo picked up the babysitter got me there. Two very strong vodka/cranberry's kept me in the game. I actually had a very good time. One of my other partners was there and several employees, along with a few neighbors of the birthday boy. His wife, whom watches Mo when Grandma can't, is a certified chief and made a tremendous meal; filet mignon two inches thick was the main course protein along with sides I couldn't describe but exquisite.

After all that my back feels good for the first time in days, maybe weeks. While I am typing away, Mo is playing with E and A, similar aged boys whose parents are still at the party. They are the family that lost their 4 month old boy to SIDS last month. My partner tried to tell me a story about the father and how amazingly kind he was regarding something and his deceased child (I think), yet he broke down in literal tears and could not continue.

I was thinking of getting on the trainer around 9pm and watching a movie but I am liqueured enough to call bullshit on that idea. I am extremely happy to have a good enough buzz to not feel any pain in my back and will leave that at that.

tomorrow is another day.

6 comments:

The Big Cheese said...

If you do ride will wasted, record it. Post it.

Laurie said...

I was hoping for more drama from a post written while intoxicated. I hope your back feels better.

Andy said...

Sweeet. Vodka anything is usually good. Glad to hear that your back is feeling a bit better (even with the assistance of medication/alcohol :-)). That is sad to hear about that child. No one should have to go through with that. Good call on the workout decision!!!

Take the day off!!!

Murtha...

Wendy said...

Comm's, good choice!!! Not that I'd know anything about this ... but when you've succeeded in masking pain and you work out it often ends up being a mistake.

Lana said...

Ouch - hope you get to feeling better soon...while not intoxicated, that is. Hang in there!

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

I love Vicotin. I am still hoparding a few tablets from about 4 years ago. just in case I ever need them. The stuff works.
Hope your back is better soon.