Saturday, January 13, 2007

I am not listening

Thought I would get one last weather report before hitting the sack. The news-babe says it will be the coldest night in Phoenix in twenty years. Oh thats great! Its the night I get up at zero-four to go to the marathon. At least I will be in the VIP building until my wheel chair athlete starts. I suppose last weekends below freezing ride taught me something about my clothing options so I will be overly dressed for tomorrow...I hope.

Had a great expo experience with Bolder. Picked him up at his hotel and made our way there. I had planned a meet and great with Hardcore Mike, The Machine and his wife Wendy there at the expo and that went well. Nytro and Benny showed up outta nowhere and then we all went to get a bite to eat.

Benny and Nytro played a bit a of joke on Bolder when they met, but I will let one of them talk about that, if they get to it.

The expo was huge. So many people. It took almost two hours to walk through the thing. I of course spent lots of money on new running tights and the Asics Gel-Kensei shoe, their new flagship model. So far I am not sold on them but I will hold off feelings until after a couple of miles. Somehow I walked out of there with four pairs of Ironman logo'd running technical socks, but they were buy three get one free and they match my team colors so thats okay.




9 comments:

Laurie said...

Ohhhhhhh. I can't wait to hear about the trick Nytro and Benny played on Bolder.

What is this I hear about you and a man-bag?

Kewl Nitrox said...

You bought only 4 socks? You can't have enough good running socks! :)

Sorry I was away for so long. Your blog seemed to have disappeared for a few weeks. Not sure if it was an Asia thing, but I am so glad to see I have access again.

Was catching up on your previous posts - Mighty Mo sure looks like a goo chef, you better buck up! :)

Nancy Toby said...

I hope you're all having a great day out there having fun!!! We're all back here sitting by our computers waiting for the latest updates!!

Ellie Hamilton said...

Gee, I wanna be there with you guys.... I'll bring our 69 Northern Virginia degrees with me :-)

Ellie Hamilton said...

Gee, I wanna be there with you guys.... I'll bring our 69 Northern Virginia degrees with me :-)

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Let's see some pics of the gang and the new stuff.

Stay tuned...

Fe-lady said...

I want to see your shopping bag that Nytro was talking about! :-)
Hope having the sun out today kept you warm!
At least it wasn't raining!

Flatman said...

good times...you got a murse?

Andy said...

Wow!

I don't think I have ever heard of a expo that big! As my girlfriend always says, "is has to match/look pretty. That is the important part."

Murtha...