Monday, January 8, 2007

Positive and Positively

Yesterday's ride tweaked my knee. Its not inside the cap so that is positive. I think the cold just tightened up something that connects to the top of the knee cap so today I will work to loosen that up. My goal today is to run a 10k but that may switch to actual gym work (Gasp!).

Later in the day I am going to Machines clinic for some more back work and he is testing a new piece of equipment on my upper legs and glutes. He used it on my lumbar Friday and it worked better than anything I have ever had done to me. Maybe it will work on my knee. Let's be positive.

My godfather is in town visiting my dad this week. The three of us are pretty much the three stooges together so my mom left town for a trip to her parents. Smart. My dad and godfather are my true fishing buddies and camping partners. I have learned more about conservation, living with and within the environment and humor than from anywhere else in my life.

There is also a funny story involving a strip club and a parrot I would love to tell you but I POSITIVELY won't do that.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Your mother is smart for leaving town. I am sure she doesn't want to know what kind of trouble the three of you will get into. But we want to know...

tarheeltri said...

When the knees are warm the synovial fluid arounf the joint flows more smoothly, the muscles relax more between contractions and the surrounding cartilage is less likely to suffer micro tears. The knees have a lot of work to do on our behalf when riding, so always cover them if its below 60 degrees... that was actually a tip published in the January edition of my magazine, Endurance. Compliments of Cycling Specifics.

Nytro said...

i'm afraid i'm going to have to ask for your "man card". 32 degrees is a freaking sauna around here. i take my bath in 32 degrees. i ride the scooter in 32 degrees. i braid my armpit hair at 32 degrees...

all kidding aside, are you taking any glucosomine chondroiton for your joints? I've found that my joints and my knees hurt a lot more during the winter months, and the supplement seems to help.