Friday, April 28, 2006

Well I wanted to prove a point with a video clip, yet after 45 minutes or surfing I can only come up with the transcripts. More on that in a minute.

Yesterday I was a bit dissapointed in my training. For a 90 minute drive in and out of Canyon LakeI got in 10 minutes of swimming.

Some was mental. I still have fresh memories of my drowning episode out there last year and every time I hit that buoy in the middle of nowhere I have to check myself. However the vast majority of my problem is this damn head cold that will not go away. I could not breath to save my life. I was having a hard time exhaling and had post nasal drip that felt like I had a blockage in my throat when I inhaled.

I had been feeling nauseous all day long and after about 500 meters I started to throw up a bit. I swam over to shore and vomited twice. Thats not a good way to go throw a swim. So I pulled myself out of water.

By the way I wanted to link to the Martin Short and Harry Shearer Men's Synchronized Swimming clip from the 80's because I was reminded of the comment, "Cause I'm not..I'm not that strong a swimmer." Instead you get a transcript and couple of pictures. Still timeless.

The head cold continues.

3 comments:

Cliff said...

CMS,

I really like Mighty Mo's pics. Glad he is ok now :). Thank God for that.

U are strong. With a head cold and still swim 500 m. Take care of that head. i am sure once u are well, u can swim much further than that.

Habeela said...

Throwing up while swimming. That sounds like a nightmare. Hope you feel better soon.

Chris said...

Sorry to hear about your swim. One of these days, you'll conquer that lake and have no ill thoughts of it when you go for a swim there. Swimming is the one sport of the three that really takes time to get proficient at. It'll come around.

Hope you feel better soon.