Monday, April 24, 2006

A confession of sorts

I must confess that I learned a valuable lesson over the last three weeks. I truly am a Common Man at heart. Between a IM taper minus the IM, torn hamstring, a wicked sinus cold and a pain on my heal, I have not done much training. In fact I haven't wanted to do much training, just sort of putting in the minimum effort.

Running has been out because of the heel. Swimming has been out because of the head cold and biking has been down because basically it takes me longer to do everything and I'm wiped out by the end of the longer day. Excuses, excuses.

Mentally I just wasn't into ramping up again. I stared at the switch in my head for a week too long. I finally flipped that switch. I AM BACK BABY! I am mentally ready to attack the next 190 odd days before Florida. So what if I have pain in my foot, I am running today. I went for a good ride yesterday and have many more planned this week. I think the new pedals have corrected my left knee diviation which is very cool. I will get in my swims this week for sure.

God, I love today!

5 comments:

Steven said...

Welcome back, Comm!
Good to have you here...

Bolder said...

i think we ALL are a Common Man at heart.

what makes you UnCommon is your ability to break yourself, and us out of the syndrome.

Cast off the lines boys, the UCMS Commodore is now leaving the pier -- destination Florida!

Nytro said...

just call me the commonwoman. how about i'm in a taper without ever really training. pass me the chocolate.

Sean said...

Good for you big brother, I wish I had a tenth of your motivation.

LiNC

Chris said...

A couple days of downtime always seems to do wonders for motivation. We're glad to have you back!