Tuesday, April 25, 2006

For the Ladies

I have been in a four month debacle with getting the AzTriClub clothing line up and running. Vendors closing doors and not telling anyone their orders will not be processed. Vendors lying about not recieving our orders when in fact they did and just sat on them. I might as well be working on the 2007 line instead of 2006.

One of the great things about our club, is that we encourage Clydesdales and Athena's to join us for training in a non-elitest atmosphere . When it comes down to it there is nothing different between a newbie who wears medium and a newbie who wears XXL or size 18 except for the way they are precieved by the group. We have no preception. We are preceptionless. Probably because the majority of us work in the fitness/health industry and/or have lost tremendous amounts of weight through the sport of triathlon.

Its been really hard to find a clothing distributor that would even send a clothing sample packet that had a large womens set or an XL mens set, let alone anything bigger. So I was happy to see that Team Estrogren is a line of women's clothing that cater to size XS-4X. The nice thing is that their clothing actually has some great looking products and not basic, bold color stuff. It has some of the coolest womens bike jerseys I have ever seen.

Do some online window shopping today gals, its Tuesday, you deserve it. Tell your husbands and boyfriends that I said it was okay to buy something snazzy for yourself.

9 comments:

Flatman said...

So, what have you found for us "husky" boys??? ;) We aren't all built like a superhero (bold, kahuna, etc.)...

Kona Shelley said...

I love team estrogen stuff...they send me e-mails with sales and stuff every week...love it!!

mipper said...

thanks for the link Comm! i have total issues with exercise clothes for women. how is it i can wear a L or XL t shirt and it fits fine, but i wear an XL workout shirt and it doesn't fit? i could rant on forever about this kind of stuff but i have finally learned that i will buy from manufacturers of clothes that will include ever size woman in their clothing line. so yeah, that is a link i will bookmark.

Nancy Toby said...

Thanks for the support for us larger women, Comm!! There's nothing like new training duds to lend a little motivation!

Some of the tri-stores and running stores have MICROSCOPIC sizes. Like the "medium" is sized for someone about 5'4" and 98 pounds. Drives me nuts, and I think it helps contribute to some whacked-out perceptions of what is supposedly "average"!!

The Big Cheese said...

I was just trying to think, when was the last time I read the word "snazzy".

Cliff said...

What a great way to bring everyone to the sport, CMS.

A said...

I'm with nancytoby...What's with the size L looking like it *might* fit the 6th grade kids I teach?

So how does a Phoenix girl, who wants a preceptionless group of people to train with, get involved with AzTriClub? Becauase I'd be one of those Athena type newbies and I'd be really nervous...

Kewl Nitrox said...

Thanks Comm, I must say that Tri-Bloggers and Runner-Bloggers have been a great source of knowledge and encouragement to the "accidental" Triathlete in me. :)

Chris said...

The day that this sport becomes a sport where we're judged on size and place more than it is about being the best triathlete that you can indvidually be is the last day that I do this sport. I love triathlons for that very reason.