Wednesday, April 5, 2006

How Cool Is This...



Dear Athlete,

Congratulations! We have finalized our first 50 athletes and are excited to announce that you have been selected to become a member of 2006 Team Polar.

After reviewing your application and speaking with you on the phone, we are confident that your athletic goals, enthusiasm and peer influence is a perfect match for Polar. As a brand ambassador, we will look to you to not only be dedicated to athletic excellence, but also 100% committed to the success of the program. This means, that in addition to the 2 training club clinics and 2 retail appearances that are required of you, we hope you will continually be seeking out opportunities to promote Polar.

I apologize to the Kahuna and my Tri-Greek Dreamer teammates out there but I will not be wearing the awesome blue and black at Ironman Florida. Polar HRM is my new clothing sponsor and I am required to wear their team clothing at my races this year and through Ironman Arizona next year.

As part of the contract I get custom team apperal, an RS200sd running computer system and a CS200cad cycling computer system. I am also sent a dozen watches to run local clinics.

The great news is that my training partner, Jeff aka "The Machine", also made the team. Its nice to know that we can do all this together.


15 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

Congratulations! That's fantastic!!!! Well done!!

Nytro said...

spoiled. brat.

and that's all i have to say about that.

oh... and CONGRATULATIONS! that is really, really, REALLY cool.

Cliff said...

I know timex has a team as well. I gotta look at Polar website.

Cliff said...

Sweet..good job Commodore.

Bolder said...

sweeeet! congrats dude.

i have major team kit envy!!

all this hawtness, and no team wants me...

so you've got that goin' for you, which is nice.

stronger said...

So cool for you. Way to work the sponsorships. I know you'll make them proud to have selected you.

Habeela said...

Rock on! That's so cool! Too bad you can't convince them to add their logo to the tri-geek dreamer's jersey.

bunnygirl said...

Hey, that is so cool! Congrats!

Keryn said...

Rock on! I think the other Tri-Geeks at Florida will forgive you for not sharing their uniform! :)

IMmike said...

That's awesome commodore! Congrats. Man, free bike, Polar team, your on a roll!

mipper said...

OH MY GOSH! this is HUGE! wtg Comm. nobody deserves it more, that is for sure. i am so proud of you. WTG!

GO COMM!

Kewl Nitrox said...

Too cool. I am green with envy. I work for a Finnish company (Polar is Finnish BTW) and I still cannot get on their team. :P

WELL DONE! I can now brag that I know someone in Team Polar.

Flatman said...

WOW. You are a rock star...

Comm's said...

I perfer super-genius over rockstar. I find the leather pants a bit hot to wear.

William Lobdell said...

congratulations, brother. i can't tell you how jealous i am.