Tuesday, April 4, 2006

Tensed Up...

I am getting a little frustrated at this hamstring issue. No I still haven't got the shot yet, though I still need it, but the belly of the muscle is all jacked up now and its hemming up my runs. I feel that it is so jacked that to run on it will cause a more serious long term injury. I haven't run in a week.

I have become Mr. Bike Trainer Guy. I am stuck riding my trainer in the little chainring and slowly moving up into the higher gearing of the big chainring getting my legs nices and warmed up. I rode last night and would guess just based on my high cadence work I only rode 16 miles instead of my usually estimated 20 miles.

Oh well, its all good.

1 comment:

Ellie Hamilton said...

Y'know, Comm, I think sometimes injuries are tossed into our path as an opportunity to rest up in one sport and build up in another. I once pulled a calf muscle a month before a marathon, did my whole last month of "training" on my bike, and not only made my marathon but ran my fastest one in 3 years by over 30 minutes. It all adds up. Good luck!