Thursday, April 13, 2006

We Got A Thing

I have a good internet friend, lets call him Bolder. Well he and I are very much alike. He is Canadian, and I like Canadian bacon on my pizza (with pineapple). He is about 140 pounds with abs like a action figure and I'm two bills. He works as a thinker for a Fortune Top 10 company and I own a fitness company (i.e. were not talking rocket science here). He lives at altitude in the mountiains and I live in the desert. See lots in common.

Actually all kidding aside he and I do have one common goal and that is Ironman Florida. Now I know that my friend, lets call him Bolder again, loves the bike. Its all about his bike. So I decided that in the spirit of competition I am going to challenge him on the bike split at Florida.

Competition is good. I know that he is going to train 30% harder on the bike over the next 200 days before Florida. I know I will train 25% harder. I don't have as much to improve ;)

We have agreed on one thing though. I will wait for him at the finish line so we can go back to the room and have a beer together congratulating our much hearlded and of course lauded success.

I don't really think any two people will be crowing louder on Sunday. By crowing I really mean hobbling in lactic torture to the tattoo parlor-cum-maragrita place.

Do they charge extra for crutches on an airplane?






8 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

As I said over in Boulder, I don't know who to cheer for now! Comm or Bold? Maybe I'll cheer for Bold on his blog, and then turn my coat and cheer for Comm on his. :-)

The only thing I know for sure is that I want both of you to be safely over that finish line by the time *I* cross it, and you better leave a medal and some pizza for me when I get there!

Habeela said...

ahhh...there's nothing more entertaining for the viewing masses than a good testosterone competition! :)

Papa Tweet said...

Pretty sure you'll puke if you try to drink a beer after the race. But, maybe that was just me. Best of luck with the margarita too. Nothing like a day full of sweet gels, drinks, fruit and cola to make you want to end the day with a margarita. Oh, did I mention the swim, bike and run?

Bolder said...

well said Commodore. well said.

actually, that was laugh-out loud funny for me reading it, so thanks for that...

Comm can do funny as well as inspirational -- who knew?

Cliff said...

oh the crutches is funny :)...

You are a bold man, Commodore...Bolder is born to ride...if i was to challenge him..i would rather challenge the run afterwards.

Fe-lady said...

You guys better be careful.If you make this a bike competition, what will happen to your marathon?
(Read my last post on my friend, Les who just finished IM AZ- and he's a veteran triathlete! Just a warning!)

Chris said...

Bad karma man... I'm telling you guys. It's bad karma!

Siren said...

This totally cracked me up.
And just be sure to drink aaaafter the tat... many places won't do one while you're drunk, I think you bleed more or something.