Monday, April 17, 2006

Holding Pattern

I have been dealing with an unpleasant sinus infection since last Thursday. I was able to get in a strong bike on Saturday but couldn't swim worth a damn since I couldn't exhale without my throatclosing on me. Its life, I will get better. I have an appointment with me doctor today to check me out. No use in machoing my way through this with training on the line. But thats holding me back.

What is also holding me back today is the information I just recieved by phone and e-mail regarding Ironman Arizona. Today was to be the day that sign ups and information were to mbe made available for 2007. Now sources deep inside the WTC (World Triathlon Corp) who put on the Ironman races have said,
"...the information will be posted today, however registration will not be open today."
Very interesting and of course I will keep you posted.
_______________________________________
Update: According to the ironman arizona website, registration will be postponed until the end of the month. No new insider information but I will keep the ear to the ground.

7 comments:

mipper said...

feel better soon Comm!

Kona Shelley said...

Hope you nose clears up...as far as IMAZ goes, I read a rumor that it might be held in November now...I guess time will tell!!

Cliff said...

Get better Commodore.

Fe-lady said...

See..Shelly heard it too!
Hope you are doing better!
(Were you wearing black that day!?)

Bolder said...

conspiracy theory?

they can't keep the UCMS Commodore out of IMAZ!

not.gonna.happen.

White Salamander said...

Bah, Nothing worse than a cold in the hot desert. Hope it feels better. My cure for sinus cold....go to Thaiphoons in Mckormick Ranch area and get Chicken Panag Curry as hot as you can stand it. That always works for me.

Chris said...

I heard the same thing that Shelly did - that it was possibly going to be moved back to November. Although what are they going to do with Florida then?

It'll be interesting to hear what they decide to do.