Friday, April 7, 2006

Great News!

In a year so far filled with tremendous blessing, the greatest came today in a phone call from Mistress.
"Mo's bloodwork came back and his immune system has been healed. The doctor says all the low immune precursors have been removed and he is as healthy a boy as you could ever expect for a three year old based on this information."

I am of course completely ecstatic and thank the Lord for this information. It has been my dominant prayer for 1,078 days, every day of his short life. I have probably prayed on it five times a day but its that many days. A quote I have used many times is, "If someone can hold onto their dream for five years that dream will become a reality, but most people can't hold onto a dream for five minutes."

Whether you believe in the power of prayer or karma or positive energy or whatever, I am filled with joy and love for this miracle. So many times in that last three years Mo was given bleak projections for a normal life. To have recieved this information is just....its validation for keeping the faith of a better life for him.

Much of this I believe is attributed to Mighty Mo's naturally cheerful disposition. He has always had a good heart and smile through all his trials. Proverbs 17:22 says, "A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps the strength."

We still have the asthma and allergies to deal with but millions of americans deal with one or both of those on a daily basis in some form or another and have very healthy and poductive lives. Mistress is one of them.

Its a beautiful day with blue sky for my son.

24 comments:

Bolder said...

what can i say, i take the good with the bad, but:

I LOVE THIS KINDA NEWS!

happy for you and your family.

g.

William Lobdell said...

beautiful

stronger said...

That is fantastic news for the entire family! Mo' betta.

Flo said...

That's wonderful news!!!

Hak said...

As a fellow parent, I am very happy to hear your news. I can't even imagine how you must be feeling. Again, best wishes to your family.

John

Cliff said...

Praise the Lord :-)...

This is great news....

Flatman said...

Wow...what a miracle! Answered prayer is right, brother, and not just yours!

Squeeze him extra hard for me tonight when you get home!!!

:) :) :) :)

mipper said...

i absolutely believe in the poser of prayer and i believe in miracles. you and your family are documented proof. i am So happy for you all. what a wonderful Easter gift for you all... a new healthy life for Mo. rather symbolic.

Habeela said...

Miracles...I've always believed the only thing that makes them possible is your belief/faith in them. You clearly have the the faith to move mountains! Clearly because a huge mountain just got up and walked away! Congratulations!

bunnygirl said...

What a relief for you all-- that is truly wonderful news! Have a great and healthy weekend!

jp said...

Thats wonderful news....I'm very happy for your family and especially little Mo.

Keryn said...

I can't quite put into words how thrilled I am! This is wonderful!

Nancy Toby said...

I can't imagine a bigger sigh of relief than that of a worried Dad and Mom. I'm so happy for you, but especially happy for MIGHTY MO!!!! What wonderful news indeed!!

Kewl Nitrox said...

Yay! Yet another testimony that prayers work! I admire you for your resolve to persist in prayer 1,078 days, five times a day. I praise the Lord for your faith and your love, and for His faithfulness when we ask and keep asking.

Thanks for the encouragement to keep praying for our kids. Now for the asthma to also be healed! :)

Nytro said...

YEAH! Go Mighty Mo!!

Rainbow said...

Commodore it was great to meet you today and talk with you. I am so happy to hear that you have such good news regarding mighty mo. I can only imagine what you guys have felt and the hours of stress and prayers. So happy for you guys. See you tomorrow.

The Big Cheese said...

comm that pumps me up, man. That little fella has such a great smile. I am very happy for your family. Good things happen to good people, bud.

IMmike said...

awesome news commodore!

tri-mama said...

Let the games begin! What wonderful news!

Ellie Hamilton said...

I love this news and I love your Proverbs reference and I love your "dream" quote.

PTL for Mo's improvement -- Great is the Lord and worthy to be praised. And Mo, too :-)

Flabbyironman said...

that's such wonderful news. I'm glad that Mighty Mo is just a little bit more Mightier now. Answered prayers are a wonderful, wonderful thing.

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Fantastic! Great news!

Prospicient said...

Comm-

Glad to hear about your family's miracle. I appreciate your willingness to share the great news with your blogosphere friends...it makes my day!

Chris said...

What great news!!! Indeed, the Good Lord does work miracles.

You must be absolutely thrilled! :)