Friday, April 21, 2006

Remember These

I posted a few days ago that I have been dealing with a wicked sinus problem for many, many days. The doctor said no infection which is good and he gave me a script for some cold medicine that was not an antibotic to knock out the sinus pressure.

Holy Crap. You people have got to remember this product, its called AlleRx. Its super-sudafed with another chemical that works on vertigo by clearing pressure around the eardrum. Its prescription only so don't look for it on the shelves. It comes in a 14 day pack, a yellow morning pill and a blue evening pill. Each pill lasts about ten hours before the symptoms come back. Its not an antibotic so you can save some of them for future use. Mistress caught my cold and had a miserable sinus day, the next day I gave her one of the morning pills and she said its the greatest cold pill she has ever taken.

I went from seven days of unmerciful sinus pain to overnight absolutely nothing. Nothing. In fact I had the exact opposite reaction. My head dried up, cotton mouth, dry and itchy throat. My head felt like it was going to float away. Talk about a turnaround. In fact it worked too well which brings up my second product.

My nose had been swollen for days from blowing it and from pressure build up and suddenly it was dry, dry, dry. So dry that as I was driving down the freeway I suddenly had a gushing bloody nose happening. I had blood all over my WHITE Nike Dri-fit shirt and khaki shorts. I was trying to reach for a towel on the floor and blood is streaming down my face.

I knew there was no way I could go into anyplace covered in blood so I took an extra few minutes and drove to where a Sports Authority was and figured the shirt was ruined, I would go buy a new shirt and shorts and get on with the day. As I was grabbing an extra t-shirt from my gym bag, I remembered I had bought a Tide-To-Go pen and stashed it in my bag in case I splashed some lunch on a shirt someday.

Holy Crap. You people have got to buy one of those. That one pen removed every evidence of blood on a bright WHITE Nike Dri-fit. As in not one drop was found. I wore the shirt for the rest of the day and nothing every came back after it dried. I even told some people and they got up real close and couldn't even find a telltale ring where I had rubbed out an area. I probably cleaned off a sold 8" x 1/2" line down the middle of the shirt and a large circle around my shoulder when I leaned over to grab the towel.

I have never, ever, ever seen a stain remover work like that. I would guess some of the blood had dried for 30 minutes or so before I got to it.

Thats my good news for you today. Got a head cold, ask your doc for AlleRx. Get a bloody nose or a stain on your shirt have a Tide-To-Go pen with you.

15 comments:

stronger said...

Sounds like you need to get into pharmaceutical sales.

Thanks for the tide-to-go recommendation. I can now follow my toddlers around with one.

Kona Shelley said...

Holy CRAP..you always provide us with great information..:-D THANKS!!

Flatman said...

Great stuff...thanks for the PSA!

Nancy Toby said...

What about if you just handle it directly and snort the Tide-to-go? Does that work?

Siren said...

I'm SO going to ask my doctor for that stuff next time - I'm always dealing with sinus problems. Totally going to pick up the Tide stick too - sounds awesome.

Fe-lady said...

Are you sure you don't have stock in these companies? What a great advertisement for both of these products. You should write the companies and they could combine the Sinus meds and Tide-pen into one commercial! :-)

Comm's said...

Well Fe-Lady I did go the tide website to leave a comment but, who knew...1,000's of people have already done it.

greyhound said...

After Iron Benny's account, I was beginning to think that an Ironman covered in his own blood and bodily fluids was in his element. I'm just going to change my handle to "paperman" or worse, "paper boy."

Cliff said...

Tide-To-Go..perfect aid for murders when they have to clean the blood stain on their clothes :)

Thanks for the info Commodore. I am glad u are feeling better.

Are those ferrets in your photographic Opporunity?

William said...

I've heard good things about it from other places too.

Sean said...

I love hearing the first hand accounts from people I know, that sells a product to me more than anything.

LiNC

bunnygirl said...

Thanks for the PSA! Tonight is Grocery Night and Tide To-Go is now at the top of my list!

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Thanks for the tips. I have one of those sinus aches that won't go away. I'll be sure to bring AlleRx to my doc this week.

Stay tuned...

Ellie Hamilton said...

Whoa!! I rarely have any sinus problems but I sure do slop stuff on my clothes. It's on my shopping list now!

Gang, this guy is amazing.

Kewl Nitrox said...

Hmmm.... Are you practicing product endorsement skills ahead of Ironman stardom? ;)