Tuesday, April 4, 2006

FCA-Endurance

A few months ago I joined a group called FCA-Endurance. FCA stands for Fellow Christian Athletes. I have a link on my sidebar.

This group has been just another of a long string of blessings in my life. First off it costs nothing to join. Its a body of athletes who train in triathlon or other endurance sports and follow a code. Now whether your a Christian or Muslim, Jew or Athesist, at least you can appreciate community. This 'code' happens to be racing and training with biblical principals. Its called the Competitors Creed. I already followed these principals based on my faith, so it was nothing to link up with them except for one more way to recieve encouragement and motivation from like minded triathletes.

I spoke on the phone recently with the President of FCA-E, Chris (a midwest guy, he is from Minna-So-Cold) because he wanted me to know all the wonderful things going on at IMAZ this week. Some Ironman expo's have an event called IronPrayer. I went to this last year. Heather Gollnick was the main speaker then and this year as well. I think I recently posted that Barb Lindquist recently became a Ministry Partner with FCA-E.

If your a Christian I say, "Sign Up!" You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. If your not a Christian, thanks for reading this far and being a fair and open-minded person. Regardless of your position 'Favor' will find you.

3 comments:

Cliff said...

Commodore,

Thanks for posting this up....just like something i have been asking for.

IMmike said...

Hey Allyson Felix is trained by the same people who put my strength session together. I believe her dad is a minister in LA. She is a really nice girl and exceptionally talented!

Chris said...

On my way to sign up now. Thanks for the link!