Monday, March 27, 2006

The Hammy Continued...

Went to see Dr. Simon, "Master of Many Therapy's" Monday to work on my issue. We have worked on it before and after some deliberation he has decided that I may need some unorthodox treatment to fix the problem.

For those just now following along, I have a strained or stressed Ishium which is part of the hamstring at the origin point underneath the left Gluteus Maximus. Trust me people I don't know all this stuff, I'm in the biz and had to ask him twice.

He has treated a few triathletes with this in the past and after several treatments saw no improvement. He consulted with a fellow progressive pro-athlete doctor on the last person with my symptoms, who gave the patient an injection of...crap I took the paper out of my pocket, I wrote it down...anyway a concoction that aided in the pain management department while at the same time promoting relaxation of the cramped muscle and healing of the area. On him it worked.

I'm willing to give him a shot. Haha unintentional bad pun on my part. I know this other doctor and have been wanting a tour of his facility for a while. He does some interesting stuff but more on that later. The thought process is that the shot of whatever will decrease healing time without hampering the training.

If nothing else its worth a shot. And that folks, after spending 30 minutes writing this post because its so freakin late and I can't think straight, was intentional.

I'm going to bed.

8 comments:

Wil said...

Ugh, this isn't good, eh? Keep us posted :)

Cliff said...

I hope that injection works.

IMmike said...

Good luck commodore. I hope the shot works. Really too bad that your stuck with some pain now. Is he recommeding pt work as a long term solution? It's funny how we let our bodies go over the years, even if we aren't out of shape, and then when we get ourselves into this sport seriously we have many issues to address. I know that's something that I'm finding.

Steven said...

Keep investigating long-term remedies. The shot is probably a short-term fix and you do not want to have to keep taking them.
Find the root-cause and fix it.
Best of luck, Commodore!

Comm's said...

The shot as I understand it is set to be a final solution. That said I will continue to work with Simon regularly for all my ailments.

The shot will repair damaged muscle and connective tissue not merely mask pain like cortison. More along the lines of a natural localized steriod. At least thats how I understand it right now. I will post as I get more info

mipper said...

good luck with it. keep us posted for sure!

tri-mama said...

A pain in the ass? Better to have one than to be one I always say. Good luck with the shot.

Kewl Nitrox said...

Hope you get betta soon.

Luv that cramp-ade. Gotta get some (more). ;)