Friday, March 3, 2006

Epic Training Weekend (ETW)

I didn't mention this but last weekend there was a speical Ironman training seminar going on in the Valley. While we did our long ride on the IMAZ course, we were catching glimpse of Paula Newby Fraizer and Paul Huddle as they corraled a bunch of young bucks and does through what looked like some good training. My training parter John actually rode a bit with Huddle when they got stuck at the turnaround. Very motivating. Had they not been so busy I would have tried to weasel in for a photo op.

In the spirit of kicking our collective asses into another level of training and as mental and physical preparation for the upcoming Ironman my training partners are doing here in the Valley Of The Sun, this is our ETW. Also its a great mini peak for the No Limits program I just completed.

Today come cold or frigid we are doing a long swim, at least 1.2 miles in Canyon Lake which if you remember was a mere 52 degrees just a couple weeks ago.

Saturday morning calls for swimming in the pool as far as you can for 90 minutes, then a full 112 mile ride of the Ironman course. My second century in three weekends.

Sunday is one 40 mile loop of the Ironman course and one loop of the marathon course (13.1 miles)

After that I firmally expect to puke my guts up and pass out.

5 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

That sounds fabulous! I wish I could come out for an epic training weekend, except I'd probably be dead by halfway through. Fortunately we still have 245 days to go ... 35 weeks. The clock is ticking, ticking....

Flatman said...

Sounds like a BLAST! Wish I could join you, but alas, I will be attending a birthday party; eating lots of steak and cake!

JC Hyte said...

I have a feeling I'll be puking right along side of you.

Cliff said...

U are strong CMS.

Celebrating No Limit Training with a ETW.

No Limit has become a habit for me now. Everyday I train either before work or after work. The pool, the gym and the road feels just like home :)

IMmike said...

Wow, Comm that's awesome....my kind of training! That is a huge weekend!!! Can't wait to hear about it and good luck!