Tuesday, March 7, 2006

ETW: The day after

I feel pretty good. No training on Monday, a much deserved day of rest after a hard 48 hours. However, I like to keep myself busy so I scheduled the off day to coincide with meeting Ellie for the first time since she came to Arizona for the winter.

First off we met at a Starbucks. It wasn't hard to find her in the crowd since she glowed with energy and she had no coffee in her hands. I suppose the Senior Olympics Triathlon shirt didn't hurt either.

No No No I didn't take pictures. With all modesty I am a cross between Quasimodo and the Elephant Man. The best you get is my hardly shredded torn calf. Thanks for the ego boosting comment Shelley.

It is so amazing to met Ellie for the first time when knowing that in just a couple hundred days we will be floating the line at Ironman Florida together. Two more people on Team TriGeek Dreamers meeting up due to fate. We exchanged the funny nuances of our training and racing over the weekend, the sometimes strange direction were guided on with our walk with Christ. Movies, family...a very cool M-Dot tattoo that Ellie earned. Ladies I am thinking your going to go with her design when you see it. A bit too 'chick' for me but hey I wore pink tape on my calf over the weekend. No... too girlish for even my figure.

Give her some pressure maybe she will post a picture online.

Today is some light running, five miles tops I think. I have appointments to work around and this is supposedly a taper period. Someday I will do one correctly. I burned up a lot of fuel with Mistress due to long hours at work and lately long hours of training and need to make some appearances at home before she starts throwing my Training Contract in my face stating some clause about raising my son and being there for the family and all that stuff.

4 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

Wow, now you've met Ellie, I feel like I've practically met you too! IMFL is going to be such a hoot! Hmm, I need to make my plane rez, now that you mention it....

Steven said...

The word you need to learn about, Comm, is "balance." On end of the scale you have family and on the other you have training/racing. Work doesn't get on this scale as there is no room to fudge there. If you load up one end too much the other end becomes neglected and a toll will need to be paid in one form or another. Correctly balancing he two is tricky, but it can be done with the occasional tipping that can be occasionally overlooked. It just cannot happen too much.
My wife spent years drilling that into my head and now I understand.

Comm's said...

So true Steven. In Mistress defense she really pushs me to train hard. Shoot I think she wants me out of the house now that I think about it. Hmmmmm? Balance is the absolute best term to use. We discussed the fact that I was peaking and needed some extra time but like you said- Balance. The next couple of weekends are less training.

Ellie Hamilton said...

Hey Comm! I had a great time with you. And I DID post a pic of my tattoo... back in October! Go to my sidebar archives, click on October, go down to "For Better or For Worse." Ta-daa!!!