Monday, March 20, 2006

2nd Place

I took 2nd in the Clydesdale Group at the Scottsdale Triathlon yesterday. I took 1st in my division. How cool is that! I have never had a podium finish before, not that I got to stand on one since it probably would have been underwater from the weather.

According to results I was 2nd overall, 1st in my division; I finished 9/14 in the swim, second fastest split on the bike and had the fastest run split.

No big news on the swim. I improved by over 3 minutes from last year, a 30% improvement but still a ways to go. I am super excited about the bike split since I got fitted for my PHX at 5 o' clock the night before the race and only put twenty miles on her during the shakedown. As I have stated I am most confident about my running and glad I could hold 7:30 pace.

I found out online last night around 8:30 and celebrated with Mistress by having a glass of champagne and a high five.

20 comments:

Tri-Angle said...

Nice work Comman! I went to IHOP, ate eggs and pancakes, home for a shower and watched movies all day. Not a shred of guilt either. Haydon appreciated your help...and so did his Mom. Thanks.
Andy

Flatman said...

Awesome race. Great job on the run and the bike, and your 3 minute improvement on the swim is very nice!


Where are the pics of the bike??? (and race?)

Kona Shelley said...

shweeeetttttttt!!! Big congrats!!

Kona Shelley said...

shweeeetttttttt!!! Big congrats!!

Cliff said...

Commodore, u are smoking...all those tarining is paying off :)

Donald said...

Congrats on your finish in what sounded like a very tough race!

IMmike said...

Great job Commodore!!

Good to hear all that work paid off.

Nytro said...

good for you, comm! GOOD. FOR. YOU!!!

Nancy Toby said...

That's a BIG CONGRATULATIONS!! Well represented!!! Great effort!!! I did go back and read your race report from last year. Oh, what a difference a year makes!!!

mipper said...

AWESOME! great job Comm! i am sure that had to lift your spirits considerably! i'm really proud of you.

stronger said...

You sound like a pro from last year's report to this year's time. Nice race.

tarheeltri said...

Congrats on the finish!

Bridget said...

Terrific job! Way to hold out in rough weather!

jp said...

Congratulation on the podium finish.

Great job!

Keryn said...

AWESOME race! I knew you'd rank pretty high up there! Great dedication to finishing the race despite less than ideal conditions.

The Big Cheese said...

Comm,
Man I am pumped up for you. I really am. I got butterflys when I read this. Wish I could have been there. Great Job.

bunnygirl said...

Wow, that is so cool! Did you get a special trophy or anything? And if so, when do we see it?

Huge congrats!

Comm's said...

Bunnygirl, no trophy but I have a prize waiting for me at the bike shop that sponsored the packet pick up. Normally it would be done after the race but they cancelled the awards ceremony due to inclimate weather.

Phil said...

Hey! (Belated) congrats on the finish. I can't believe its been over 7 months since my last Tri! I am starting to go into serious withdrawal.

Okolo said...

Great job, congrats!!!