Thursday, July 7, 2005

Tie Up Some Loose Posts

I would like to tie up some loose ends on my blog posts to keep everyone up to speed.

1. Cabinets
Cabinets are done. I took some good pictures but can't download them to my computer right now, I should be able to post them this afternoon, but the cabinets turned out great. I will straighten up the garage and get some formal introduction pictures within a few days. I have set up some high expectations for my showing my garage. But it really was the deciding factor for me on the house.

2. The new dog.
Topper is getting along very well with Mighty Mo. He is getting along well with Mistress who is shouldering the bulk of the responsibility. I like him, he is very cute, but its going to take a while still for me to embrace him in my family. I wear earplugs at night so his crying doesn't keep me up since I am such a light sleeper.

3. iPod
It was a little difficult to get everything set up and understand the nuances but I have downloaded a few songs and so far so good. The thing does an automatic update of the entire library of music in your system every time you sync up which is a little strange. I am trying to have more control of that. I am in iTunes right now, it did not accept my PayPal account for music buys so it took me a while to sort out that I must use a visa or mastercard. Oh well. In iTunes I can not find a way to listen to a short version of the song I may want to purchase so I bought a song for .99 that I ultimately did not like. Wasted a buck. I really don't want to steal music so may find some different sites to buy from.

4. Polar S625X HRM
I have been too busy to fiddle with the graph software other than download my workouts. I hope to able to do this by the weekend. I still have not sync'd up the foot pod for figuring pace and distance- the brain of the system as it were. It can still do much more than I am pushing it to do.

2 comments:

I Can Tri said...

Hi Commodore-

I appreciate the welcome...

I've enjoyed reading your blog and love the concept of Common Man Syndrome and how you encourage your readers to combat this cruel malady...

Just a comment about iTunes-if you double-click on the song title, you can hear a 10-sec preview, usually of the chorus. I hate wasting a buck.

Great post this morning!

Wil said...

Cool, I was wondering about those cabinets. I can't wait for the pics!