Wednesday, July 13, 2005

It's been a long couple of days.

This has been a hard week so far to get everything in place. On the Good News side, Mistress was able to get her schedule changed so that she can now pick up Mighty Mo every night which gives me carte' blank training time. I just have to be home by the time the little tucker hits the sack. She wants me out of the house training- isn't that cool?

Yesterday I was not able to get a full bike workout going because of a schedule change. I was only in the saddle for a hour. But I got an unexpected break at my club with the pool and put together a monster swim workout (for me), 2,550 yards all sets done with a 60 sec break.
1x50
1x100
1x200
1x300
1x400
1x500
1x400
1x300
1x200
1x100

I am getting ready to head out again for another hour in the saddle. One of the weather readings for my area puts the conditions as follows:

Temperature 115°F
Dew Point 41°F
Relative Humidity 9%

This will probably be my last decent training sesson until the end of the month when I travel to SoCal to do the 85 miler with Kahuna, Robo-Stu and hopefully Head Doc and Playboy Joel. I have a F1 Tri this weekend on Saturday and then leave on vacation on Sunday. Which I will post the details of that tomorrow.

8 comments:

The Big Cheese said...

Where can I find that race? I would like to go and watch.

Comm's said...

TBC, The Fat Tire Tri #3 is at Tempe Town Lake. I believe the swim is just west of the northside marina.

Goto Active.com and type in 'fat tire tri' or google DCB adventures, they are the locals putting it on and their website can give you more information. It would be cool if you could make it.

Get me your e-mail (your on 'non-reply' for comments)and we can swap phone numbers or find someway to hook up down there.

Bolder said...

monster swim workout Comm

well done!

Wil said...

Just awesome...you've come a long way from those 300 yards. That's gotta feel good.

Chris said...

Man, I feel like such a sissy when I bitch about the heat here and I see that you guys have temps like that. Granted, we get humidity out here in the 90%'s, but I've got to believe that even a dry 115 is way worse!

mipper said...

excellent workout, especially the swim. i'll keep floundering if it means i can do that kind of a workout one day. tell me it'll happen...

and the heat! gracious! how do you do it? i went out last night and it was in the 90s and i looked (and felt) like i as going to have a stroke when i got home! 115 degrees! goodness!

The Big Cheese said...

Com,
Send me an email to

thebigcheeseblog@gmail.com

I will give you my cell. Good Luck!

The Big Cheese said...

PS. Will you pick up a race packet today? Do/will you know your race number?