Thursday, July 7, 2005

Before I Get Tagged, But At A Price

I will never send a chain e-mail to anyone. However in this climate of 'tagging' favorites I felt I should be preemptive and in my fashion of doing things faster and better than expected. So I am not going to list my top five favorites songs but the first 22 songs I downloaded to my iPod. The price I paid was missing my swim practice tonight because I was downloading. But on the bright side I scheduled a meeting at my club with a pool so after the meeting I can get in a swim, then go to my next meeting and get in my bike/run brick. So for all my effort of sampling for the right version, downloading all these songs incorrectly the first time, then figuring out how to fix the problem then downloading them all again (4 hours) These are songs that I have always wanted to own or maybe a recent favorite. In order of playlist:

1. Foo Fighters: My Hero (from movie Varsity Blues, best first song to any playlist)
2. Gwen Stephani: Hollaback Girl (good hook)
3. Bowie/Queen: Under Pressure (from movie Grosse Pointe Blank)
4. Foo Fighters: Learn To Fly
5. John Mayer: Bigger Than My body (I know John Mayer, but good song to run to)
6. Filter: Take A Picture (forget Amazing Grace, play this at my funeral)
7. Outkast: Hey Ya!
8. Jackson Browne: Running On Empty (my fav running song)
9. Peter Gabriel: In Your Eyes (from movie Say Anything and 1 million proms)
10.AC/DC : For those about to rock... we salute you (I saw this live during Desert Storm)
11. James Taylor: Fire and Rain (really into Jimmy right now)
12. James Taylor: You've Got A Friend (even tempo)
13.AC/DC : Thunderstruck (best kickass song by AC/DC)
14. John Mayer: Why Georgia (he just has a steady voice to run to)
15. John Mayer: Body is a wonderland (did you see that video?)
16. Foo Fighters: Times Like These
17. James Taylor: How sweet it is to be loved by you (to get into the grove)
18. Outkast: Hey Ya! (yes its twice b/c its short and gets you up)
19. Outkast: Rose (funny song to laugh to)
20. Alien Ant Farm: Smooth Criminal (best cover ever of MJ's best song)
21. Peter Gabriel: Solbury Hill
22. Louis Armstrong: What a wonderful world (play this at my funeral after filter)

Considering I downloaded over 50 times today it cost me less than $10. The average song cost only twenty cents at allofmp3.com

4 comments:

Wil said...

AHH! I thought you'd already been tagged for the songs, thus, I spared you! Should have tagged you when I had the chance ;)

Tri if I Want to (Eric) said...

That's a killer list of songs you have there, Commodore! I commend you, brother.

I need to get me one of these mp3 thingy's...a shiny one, at that.

Kona Shelley said...

I just bought an iPOD shuffle at lunch..thanks for the inspiration..now I just have to figure out how to work the thingy!!

Chris said...

Thanks for the reminder to check out allofmp3.com. I checked it out last night and it's great!! Can't wait to get back home to get more songs later today.