Saturday, July 16, 2005

The Best Laid Plans

...I didn't finish...I just had no gas...I woke up not feeling my best but thought it was pre-race jitters...I have never not finished before...I don't even feel embarrassed..just extremely tired, very tired. Maybe I lost focus because of vacation tomorrow, maybe I trained too much, maybe, maybe, maybe...

This is a dissapointment. Its also a learning tool. I am supposed to learn something in this lesson and I will. I have to...my goals are bigger than this defeat. I lost this race but not the dream.

7 comments:

Chris said...

Don't worry about it, Com. You have good days and you have bad days. Enjoy your vacation and take a nice break away from things for a while. The sport will still be here when you return. Like you said, you may have lost today's battle, but the outcome of the war hasn't yet been decided!

The Big Cheese said...

Com,
It was hot out there. I heard the MC say it was 103 before 9am. Sorry I missed you. If anyone know it was time to reel it in it would be you, with how hard you train. Catcha'big one for me!

Wil said...

There can be no victory without defeat, there can be no deliverance without denial, and there can be no celebration without angst. This place hasn't seen the last of you, in fact, deep down, I do believe it's only pissed you off. Just a matter of time, now.

bunnygirl said...

A wise general knows when to retreat.

Congrats on making the effort and on knowing when enough is enough. You'll be at the finish line next time!

Bolder said...

i got a taste of Arizona today, kudos for just toeing the start line.

i'm with the big cheese... that's damn hot.

tri-mama said...

Drop it from your mind Com. It would have really stunk if you had pushed it to the point of breaking and had to miss your fishing trip-or gone fishing and felt terrible the whole time. Your mind and body just knew when to say when. Have a great vacation!

mipper said...

i agree with the others. i am learning that sometimes you just need to listen to your body instead of your mind once in a while (not too often though, then your body will get lazy, lol). have a great trip and catch some big ones!