Friday, July 15, 2005

Little This, Little That

To hot yesterday for a workout, even for me. Plus my nutrition was just...well I didn't have any until dinner. I think my office chair is a timewarp machine. I can sit down and before I know it five hours have gone by and I haven't moved. No water, no bathroom, no food. Its terrible.

But last night was a family dinner at Red Lobster as The Colonel has stacked up like four defense contract scenarios back to back for the next two months and I am leaving for California on Sunday, so it was the last time for all of us to get together. Below is a post about my fishing trip. The nice thing is that with mobile blogging I can fire off some posts on the road.

Today my new tri-suit arrives so I can use it for tomorrows F1. I got a Quintana Roo. Its a better option than putting on a shirt after the swim and then taking it off after the run to swim again and then put it back on for the last two events. Because this is a two loop tri, there is twice as many transitions, so I may even ditch the socks, though I haven't trained for that. I am thinking that because its a mountain bike tri, I have to keep my running shoes on for two disciplines. Sort of the same situation as the top, it would save time not having to deal with it. I certainly would not be having these thoughts on a regular triathlon.

I should be able to post the race review early as the event is just outside my office. I run or mountain bike the area all the time. Well my regular office route I run in the heat is on part of the course. So I might pop in here to write up an summary before going home for my last day before leaving.

2 comments:

Bolder said...

tear up that F1...

and fish the rivers dry... unless of course, ahem, it's under 20.

Chris said...

Good luck in your race! I can't wait to read all about it!