Tuesday, July 5, 2005

A Shiny Thing

I have been thinking about Flatman since early last week. See we are techies and love to get new gadgets and gear, I call them Shiny Things. I love getting Shiny Things. As a fellow gadget guy I knew Flatman would be as appreciative of this as I am. Well I have been trying since last week to carve out just thirty minutes to go and buy my new Shiny Thing and talk about it.

OptimizeSo here is my new Shiny Thing, the 2nd Generation 6 gigabyte iPod mini. Its silver, because I like shiny things. I also picked up the arm band.

The Colonel traded for the same model of iPod when he was in Korea last month and I bought him a car charger/FM reciever to play his mp3 music through his car's sound system. I am going to borrow it while he is in Germany later this month since I am driving to California two times in July. The Colonel also has 15 gigs of mp3 ready to be transfered to me and I have a business partner with about 100 cd's that he is going to let me rip. So life is musically good and I have a new Shiny Thing!

10 comments:

Keryn said...

Sometimes I feel like I'm one of the only people in the world without an iPod. I love your Shiny Thing, Comm...wish I had one too! Let me know if the mini is worth it. I'm considering the Shuffle myself.

Kona Shelley said...

wow...too cool..I want one..tonight at my 40KTT, there were 2 people riding with them..they are cool, but I hope they are not putting themselves in danger riding a bike with it on?
Enjoy it and let us know how you like it.!

Kona Shelley said...

wow...too cool..I want one..tonight at my 40KTT, there were 2 people riding with them..they are cool, but I hope they are not putting themselves in danger riding a bike with it on?
Enjoy it and let us know how you like it.!

jennyc said...

I've a shuffle myself Com, love your new shiny thing. I've been toying with the idea of upgrading but to do that I would need to buy a whole new computer with internet access. Funds a little low after splashing out on car and bike. ah well.

Chris said...

Ooooh. Do post and let us know how it works out running. I have a 3G iPod, but mine ends up skipping quite a bit, even with the arm band so I bought a flash based one as well. I have heard from others that the mini doesn't skip quite as much, though.

Shiny things rock!!

Wil said...

Chris laid it all out - I've been looking at one of those but heard that it's a pain on the run, can't wait to here your review of it if you have the time!

mipper said...

ooohhh...pretty! we just ripped all of our cds for hubby's shuffle. he's double thinking getting a mini and giving me the shuffle. i want the shuffle for runs because of it being flash. do tell us how it goes on a run though, i think we're all interested.

Flatman said...

Ohhhhh...I love all things shiny...must have shiny.../drool, drool/...

Congrats on the new shiny purchase. I really like the fact that is is actually shiny too...silver is the best color!

tri-mama said...

MN Tridaddy was appalled when I said silver would be my pod color of choice ( we just crossed back over from pc to mac and were dreaming of accessories) It's the shiny thing I tried to explain-glad to see I'm not the only one. Go ahead, sing out loud on your runs!

Jessica said...

I've been thinking about buying the pink one, but I haven't bought it yet. Do you love it? I'm not sure I have the patience to download all that music, but I want something compact to take to the gym with me.