Monday, July 4, 2005

Race #8 of 2005, ARR Summer Series 5k

Well this could be my most uninspiring race of the year. I woke up feeling like I am a bib whore. Meaning the only reason I went this morning was to collect my bib. I am wiped out from all the laboring I have been doing in the heat of my garage and did not respect my training or my taper.

But all is not lost. Even though I showed up late, I was able to jump into the corral at the BOP and I took pictures during the run. So here is my collage, taken with my Phillips Key Camera which fits so well in my hand that I forgot it was there a couple of times.

It was a uphill/downhill run. My altimeter on the Polar showed a gain of 150 feet for for the 1.5 miles up. Dosen't sound like much but thats a hill out here. I took a lot of pictures going up, just taking my time. I went past the turn at 17 minutes and then took some picture coming back but nothing came out as well as I liked. I came back down at 13 minutes. My watch time was 30 minutes which I can throw 3 minutes at least onto photo opportunities.

Not my worst ever 5k, but as tired as I am, it was nice to just be around motivated people and fulfill my goal of getting pictures in a race with my little camera.







1 comment:

Wil said...

Wow, those mountains are cool - get some rest man! No harm, no foul. Sometimes picking up the bib is all you're meant to do for the day ;)