Friday, July 1, 2005

Hanging Out By The Womens Locker Room...

Ah the occassional benifits of having an office with a door right next to the women's locker room. Its not too bad except the hand air dryer is just behind the wall and I hear the constant click-clack of high heels on tile flooring.

But I digress. My office door was open and a friend I met in my Chandler clubs pool walked out and saw me, stopped said "Hi", saw my mountain bike leaning against my wall behind me and gawked, "That is so awesome" and came barrelling in. Then she turned around to look at me and saw Lucille against the other wall and went over and grabbed her.

She's a teacher and uber-athlete and occassional volunteer for a local tri company. She mentioned she had not seen me at the club pool and I told her about the tri-swim team. I then told her about my dissappointment last night of Fat Tire #3 being a relay only event on July 16th.

She immediately started a rapid conversation about how that's incorrect, she just did the promo write up online and that its a Formula One race like I originally thought. I showed her the site I went to and then she showed me hers...sicko's, but thanks for thinking I could be capable of that.. and assured me that its not relay only.

So the race is on. I am going to sign up as soon as I am done with this post. I am posting the link but really this is just the best way to read what this particular course will be like..

Triathletes, start your engines! DBC Adventures presents the world’s fastest “Formula One Fat Tire Triathlon.” Yes, we are bringing in the format so wildly popular in Europe and Australia to the trails of Tempe, AZ. Join us July 16th for the third installment of the Fat Tire series, a race sure to cater to those who love transitions, shorts swims and pure speed! The race will consist of two consecutive laps. Each lap will include a 250m swim, 10k mountain bike, and 3k trail run. After the two laps, the top 25 men and top 10 women will race a championship lap in reverse order (3k run, 10k bike, 250m swim). There will be a 30-minute break between laps 2 and 3 for racers to reorganize their transition area, get a drink, and read the paper. The first two laps only qualify you for the final lap. Times from the final lap will determine the overall winners. Basically, you could be the 25th male after two laps and still win the race overall if you have the fastest last lap. So what will your strategy be for laps 1 and 2? That’s up to you we just mark the course! This is truly for the fast and the furious, so don’t miss out!
Seize the Day and throttle it-Calvin





4 comments:

The Big Cheese said...

Hey Com, I am going to try and make this race. Hope to meet you then.

Nancy Toby said...

Whoa, that sounds like great fun! It sounds a lot like a race Bari described in Israel, not sure if it's on her blog or not, at http://barinirenberg.blogspot.com/

Wil said...

Cool! This is going to be awesome! Hope you get some pics with your groovy little camera!

The Big Cheese said...

Note* I will going to WATCH this race.