Monday, July 25, 2005

This is how three men eat for six days. Lots of freeze dried food and beef jerky. Godfather purchased a bunch of asian noodles and soups from Trader Joes but I stayed to what I knew my stomach could tolerate.

Sidenote: I like camp food and have been known to make it for home meals as I don't know how to cook past scrambled eggs and fried spam. Oh wait, I can prep a rice cooker. Basically anything with less than five instructions with one of them being, "Remove from wrapper."





Just a nice little bubbling brook. I took all these with my little Phillips Keyring camera. Almost everyone else had a camera so I felt I could just use this. Better photo's and ones with me are on the way.










This is the final campsite. Three on the left, three of us on the right. There was a creek splitting the area we were in, the white-ish flatspot in the middle is snow were the creek ran through. I took to calling us the Hatfields and McCoys. My single tent is shadowed by the trees in left-middle, just right of the yellow tent.














This was the water supply. Pure glacial run off from just a few feet away. The best tasting water ever. Yes it was filtered for all our needs.






The mouth of Townsley Lake feeding into Lake Fletcher, in the background. For perspective, I was actually taking this shot to show the 15 foot snowbank. The two fish I caught I was standing on the snow in the far background high middle of photo. We fished the left side going to another lake and the right side coming back.






This was taken during the climb out. I was feeling really good at this point and turned around to actually look at the scenary as opposed to the head down so I don't trip routine. Probably the best picture I took the whole time just based on color and image.

I like the Philips 2 megapixel for its portability but I am glad that I knew everyone else was going to have a camera or would have brought my elph advantix.

11 comments:

Chris said...

Beef jerky, spam, dried noodles... sounds like my kind of "cooking"!

You pictures of the area are great! It looks really gorgeous up there!

Kona Shelley said...

Breath taking views, thanks for posting these...it looks like a postcard!!

Kona Shelley said...

Breath taking views, thanks for posting these...it looks like a postcard!!

Flatman said...

Wow, makes me want to take a trip like that! Nice job on the pictures...

tarheeltri said...

Awesome pics!

Brett said...

Great photos! I need to go camping soon. I can't wait for fall.

Wil said...

WOW!!!! Those are awesome!!!

"remove from wrapper.." LOL!!!!!!!!

The Big Cheese said...

I kept thinking, "That would be a long walk up there". I really do enjoy nature pictures.

Bolder said...

yep, the last pic... that's a great shot for the photo album.

The Big Cheese said...

So you guys packed all that stuff and hauled it up with you?

tri-mama said...

I finally got to read you report and now the pics. What an incredible trip-I'm sorry you got sick. It sounds lilke a great time at camp etc. Your brain will probably remember more than it processed on the mountain, I look forward to the other pics, and adventure stories.