Monday, July 11, 2005

IMFL Tattoo's

Shelley, the coveted holder of Most Blessed Triathlete 2005 (Boston marathon finisher, IM World Championships- Kona participant, slot at IMC 06, IMFL06 participant, Ironmanlive.com profile, etc, etc) has something that I personally covet, an Ironman finishers medal. She has three actually. On top of that she also has the gold ring of my IM experience, the M-Dot tattoo. Photo shamelessly copied from Tri-Geek Dreams.

But there has been chatter in the blogesphere that tattoo's are forbidden in Panama City. I did some reasearch and found the Florida State Regulations on tattooing. Also I have the address of a few palors in the city. We can get them done no problem. The legality issue is not against having one done or where it's put on the body, it's a regulatory issue on by whom can do them and how the store is supervised.

So, while the Tri-Geek Alliance may not have an artist coming to us and our drunken bacchanalia the day after IMFL, we can at least all hobble down and get one done on the way to the victory dinner.

10 comments:

Flatman said...

I am sooooo in.....

Kona Shelley said...

you guys are too funny!!! I want to watch you guys get a tattoo after IMFLA...then I can laugh at someone else in pain...like my 10y/old did when he watched me get mine...just remember to bring that bullet to bite on... :-D

Oh and I was told that the ironmanlive.com profile should be this week or next..

Flatman said...

I, for one won't be cringing in pain...it will be my fifth! What a hoodlum I am!

tri-mama said...

I have no doubt you'll be sporting that tattoo Com. I am un tattoo'd at this stage in life, although I've considered several (generally for the wrong reasons during my angry f*** the world years) I'm glad to not have those. Now, an M-Dot, that's a whole different story....

Do they really hurt that much to get?

Flatman said...

Probably not as much as...an IRONMAN!!!

Comm's said...

LMAO. That was good flatman.

Mr. Apropos said...

I'm sure it is going to hurt. Using the knowledge gained from my first (and only) marathon to date, I think that moving to shy away from the needle may hurt more than the needle itself. Staying still for the tat' won't be a sign of strengh, just exhaustion... but as long as no one else knows that, it is all good.

Chris said...

I don't think it hurts that bad. It really depends on where you get it, though. I have one on my upper back which wasn't that bad. I think the back of the calf probably would hurt more, though.

The M-Dot is so tempting! I was really tempted to get it done after Wisconsin last year... then the desire kind of passed, but I'm getting that itch again!

mipper said...

i don't have any tatoo's but i had to agree with flatman... i think the IM would hurt more. my brother loves getting tatoos just for the pain endurance. he even did a huge one over a sunburn once... he's a freak of nature.

Wil said...

Seeing that thing in person was really cool! It's awesome, perfect thing for such an awesome person!