Sunday, July 3, 2005

Still building

Made great progress today but the cabinets are not all finished. The double set for Mistress and Mighty Mo are up and ready to be stained over. I don't like the inside stain I used so will have to repaint another weekend. Mine has a partial fascade attached and tomorrow we will get that done in quick order than get them all upright and attach the top and back pieces. Should take about 3 hours I think.

I bought fairly decent plywood but should have doubled down on more cabinet grade materials. The heat has caused most of the boards to bend like a crooked politician so we spent 25% of the time clamping and pressing boards to the pieces are all aligned.

I am completely exhausted by all this work. Its been around 110 degrees outside and we have spent at least 7 hours each day working in the garage. And having a new puppy crying most of the night dosen't help. I have resorted to ear plugs.

On Monday morning the 4th I am entered in the ARR Summer Series #3 5k. This manual labor is not exactly the taper I was looking for. I don't think its going to be pretty. I will bring my little key camera and hope for some good shots. The race is on a desert mountain course, uphill 1.5, then down 1.5. Should be interesting, certainly not a PR day.

Not sure if I have to work tomorrow on the 4th. I am going in anyway after the race to shower but I have a lot of work to catch up on and then find out what my partners want to do. It will probably be a short load day as we most of us have been invited to the VIP tent for the big fireworks show that we are title sponsor for. It gets like 100,000 people there with a dozen music acts throughout the day. No I am not going. Too many people, 110 degrees. I would rather finish the work in the garage and maybe go for a swim.

1 comment:

Wil said...

Ha! I love how you think things out and decide in your posts, I always do that - hey, it works! Finishing the cabinets and then going for a swim sounds like a lot more fun than work would be, good choice.

Good luck on your race, too! Holy cow, that's some heat!