Tuesday, March 4, 2008

homey

I've been able to work from home the last two days to care for Mo and boy has he needed it. Since the operation Friday he's only eaten a couple hundred calories. Its starting to show around his belly. He understands about hydration and thankfully been drinking well, just nothing with substance.

He is complaining that his other ear hurts now. This is what happens when you have no immune system, after a surgery you can get sick easy and his developed a double ear infection. He is supposed to start on the anti-biotic liquid again today but the pain meds he took have made him think all of them will hurt and sting so he has refused everything. I didn't force the issue during the day but when Mistress got home she got a bit more insistant. He started hyperventalating and throwing up again, still with the blood in it. Needless to say it looks like another doctor appointment Wednesday for shots. He is not a big fan of that either. Nor am I for that matter, the co-pays are killing me.

Luckily I have maintained some sanity with training. Right now I'm upstairs on the trainer for 2.5 hours (god bless blackberry phones). Last night swam over a mile in cold open water, but open water nevertheless.

Ultimately Mo will be fine but this has certainly been a trying time for us all. A bright light today is that his four headed dragon toy came today. The gift he chose before the operation.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Sorry to hear it's been such a trying time for Mo.

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

Poor Mo!
how did I miss this??? I'm sorry -
Big hugs to all of you, and prayers from my house to yours.
Maybe sucking on ice cubes before the meds will make it sting less? I can only imagine - poor little Mighty Mo.
xoxoxoxoxo
Jenny

Bolder said...

just gettin' all caught up.

good to hear Mo is well!!!

and, Dad is too.

Bigun said...

Keep your spirits up, mate! We're all thinking of ya, and this too will pass. Your counter says 38 days until IMAZ...I think I just threw up in my mouth a little...

Brent Buckner said...

Best wishes through this rough patch.

Lance Notstrong said...

Hope Mo gets to feeling better. Having sick kids can be scary.