Thursday, March 20, 2008

Pregnant with Life

I know from speaking with mom's they say they that the pregnancy for the most part was amazing to be a part of but in the last uncomfortable month, they just wanted to be done with it. "When is this kid going to come out?"

I am starting to feel like, "Lets just get THIS over with," about so many things in life. Ironman in particular. I am not exhibiting any of the manic over the top emotions as I have for the last Ironmans but I am having trouble going to sleep. I am nervous eating more than usual. I am forgetting workouts that I have done. Since when do you forget about doing two hour rides? I read on Lana's blog that she had a great weekend of training; a St. Patty 10k and 3 hour ride. Thats about 80% of the training load I put into one workout lately. I can't wait for that to be regular training for a whole weekend.

I'd just like to make the evotri team and get over with the campaigns. (If you haven't voted for me yet- shame on you-scroll up). The closer to Ironman I get the less effort I can afford to put into something I think I would be a perfect fit for.

I have so many 'issues' at work that I just want to get past. I have taken over more responsibilities of which I have some experience and diplomacy at handling but its such an effort and each case requires urgent attention. It has become overwhelming at times. It used to be that a letter or two would suffice but now there's meetings, delays, continuances, additional information requests, blah, blah, blah. I feel like a jail house lawyer.

I am one of the many that have an ARM coming up this summer and need to re-fi. I still haven't done my taxes as a self employed person.

I just know that all this is within my capacity. Add the concussion, the flu, Mo's operation, some serious, serious stress from Mistress and I couldn't not have handled this load in my life for my first Ironman build. No way.

I know the race will soon be over, the voting will soon be over, these work issues will be resolved. There will be more races, hopefully more evotri, more cases to deal with at work but there is always and ebb and flow. Most of this flow will be gone in 30 days and I can ebb for a bit.

In all things Have Fun

6 comments:

M said...

I couldn't have said it better. Just over three weeks and it's done. I keep repeating that to myself.

Of course, I am sure once April 14th hits, I am going to wonder how it went by so fast.

And then try to find the next one to do.

Laurie said...

You are doing a great job Comm. You are taking your responsibilities seriously and work with those priorities. A lesser man couldn't do even half of what you have on your plate. Chin up :)

Andy said...

Keep it up man!!! I feel you, just in different circumstances! After May 10th (actually may 21st) everything should be back to normal. However this buildup (of mine) is making me lose sleep, stay up late nights, not getting other extraciricular activites completed (and some are actually business related).

I think with the experience that you have in this sport, and in life, you will come through just fine. We are all in this together.

Murtha...

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

Remember -- you are only handed what you can handle. This is all within your ability and in the end, you'll learn more about yourself for the effort. Success can come easy. Integrity is hard earned. You'll do just fine.

Ellie Hamilton said...

Y'know what, Comm? I don't envy you one bit :-) I am very, very glad I'm not doing an Ironman in the near future!! That said, I'm glad I did the ones I did, and I sure hope you rock IM AZ. You are a machine, man, a machine.

Mommymeepa said...

Praying for you.
YOU CAN DO IT!!!