Wednesday, March 5, 2008

SNAFU


Mistress stayed home with Mo today 'cause he has been having such a rough go of it, especially mornings. He did take some meds today, that makes 3 of 10 he's taken since the operation.

Yesterday when he flipped out and threw up (bloody), just at the insistence he take some med's Mistress called for an appointment today. She called me while leaving the the doctors office. He has lost 12% of his body weight, 6 pounds total and he has a double ear infection.

The next 24 hours are critical. He needs to eat something, take all his med's, and drink 40 oz of water or most likely he will be admitted after the tomorrow consult. I suppose he should have gone in today, but we have hope it will turn around, plus it's and extra 24 hours to prevent another grand of bills as he will most likely be in for a couple days.

There is no joy in writing this and not sure how to end it. But its not an end, its a situation that is normal for us, Mo has conditions that make him medically different than other kids. You'd normally never know it though.

14 comments:

LBTEPA said...

Poor Mo!
And poor you and Mistress - so distressing to see your boy suffering :(
Sending prayers that things will turn around today

momo said...

oh, comm, please give mo a BIG hug from this mo. remember to take care of yourself and mistress while you're taking care of mo, k?

can i do anything? do you need anything? i'm here and available so please just let me know.

Laurie said...

I am so sorry to hear that things are so rough for Mighty Mo. I hope things turn around soon. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

The Big Cheese said...

I have said it a million times...Something about that kiddo that makes me smile every time. Well wishes to him and your family.

ShirleyPerly said...

As long as it's not FUBAR, there's hope, right? Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys.

Jen_runs said...

Oh gosh. My heart goes out to your gorgeous son. My thoughts are with you all

Wendy said...

I really hope that Mo will be able to take in those fluids and meds!

I'll be keeping you all in my thoughts.

Flatman said...

Give him lots of hugs for me man...

(praying)

tarheeltri said...

He's an amazing kid for sure. I can understand trying to turn it around yourself... health care is tough these days. We'd do the same thing.

Nytro said...

please give mo a hug from nytro and benny. i hope he has his dinosaurs by his bed. we'll be thinking of you all.

21stCenturyMom said...

Poor Mo - I am way behind and had no idea he was having such a rough time with this. I will be thinking postive thoughts and keeping my fingers crossed for him.

Jana said...

So Sorry. If you need anything give us a ring! Our thoughts and prayers are with him and you both! We love you, the Newbolds

Kewl Nitrox said...

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear...

Sorry I have been away (R2's been sick and so have I), but will pray for Mo. It must be so tough on you and the Missus, but He will see you through.

stronger said...

Might, Mighty, Mighty Mo- get better dude!